Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Turbo Butt - cazzy style!

cazzycazzy Posts: 5,483
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Was raining last night, so nothing went on and I said I would figure it on in the morning.  So at 8am, I decided I would do a turbo butt.  So I lit my egg, then went to the market and picked up a 8lb Boston Butt , apple smoke chips, and some Franklin's Sweet Vinegar BBQ Sauce. 

I decided to put my own spin on it, so I stabilized the egg at 320-325 dome.  My hope was to get some decent bark, so I lowered the heat a little, wrapped @170, and scratched the foil.  I opted for butcher paper since it breathes pretty well, and I think it did help preserve the bark.  Total cook time was 6 hours.

As expected, the bark is still better on a low n' slow.  However, this was fabulous, and I will definitely go this route again if i'm in a pinch!   ;)

Comments