Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Turbo Butt - cazzy style!

cazzycazzy Posts: 4,908
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Was raining last night, so nothing went on and I said I would figure it on in the morning.  So at 8am, I decided I would do a turbo butt.  So I lit my egg, then went to the market and picked up a 8lb Boston Butt , apple smoke chips, and some Franklin's Sweet Vinegar BBQ Sauce. 

I decided to put my own spin on it, so I stabilized the egg at 320-325 dome.  My hope was to get some decent bark, so I lowered the heat a little, wrapped @170, and scratched the foil.  I opted for butcher paper since it breathes pretty well, and I think it did help preserve the bark.  Total cook time was 6 hours.

As expected, the bark is still better on a low n' slow.  However, this was fabulous, and I will definitely go this route again if i'm in a pinch!   ;)

Comments