Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Wagyu #6 ms NY Strip

How would you prepare? Planning a reverse sear and as of right now just going with salt and pepper to season. I would like suggestions on how you might season or cook the steaks

Comments

• pirates21pirates21 Posts: 61
    I like a little EVOO kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and a little garlic powder. Nice piece of meat doesn't need much. Reverse sear all the way!!
    Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 502
    A nice Wagyu deserves the respect of nothing but S & P. you want to enhance, cover up the flavor.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 10,867
    Waygu fat renders very easily so you never want to cook steaks over medium rare.  Salt and pepper, no oil needed.  If you want to get fancy, you can rub with Japanese shichimi AKA 7 spice.

• beteezbeteez Posts: 268
    Carpacio, Like Nola said the fat renders so easily. Thin sliced with some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel aged Soy Sauce
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 10,867
    beteez said:
    Carpacio, Like Nola said the fat renders so easily. Thin sliced with some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel aged Soy Sauce
    I love carpaccio...it's not for everyone, but if you're a caveman and love the taste of raw meat...yum. 

Had some "Kobe" (I know, it really was Waygu from the US) at a Sushi place where they served it cut up like carpaccio and they put down this huge slabe of lava rock that was heated up to nuclear temp in an oven...it sat in a large bowl of marbles.  You'd put some butter down on the rock and grab a slice of meat and cook it right on your table.  They had some shichimi and other stuff that you could put on the meat too.