Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello & welcome to new BGE Large owners Mtneggers

Options
billyray
billyray Posts: 1,275
edited June 2013 in Off Topic

I’ve had the pleasure of mentoring my good friend and neighbor at our mountain home about the Egg. He just got his large egg and table put together. The time we spent talking about the egg (and drinking beer)  has really speeded up his learning curve. We went through all the pros and cons of the toys I have and what were some of the most useful accessories.

Before he even got his egg he had the following toys on hand. AR R&B Oval Combo with extension , spider and 13” stone, meat gloves, High-Q grate, Thermapen, Maverick, infra red thermometer,  all the Dizzy Pig rubs, some Oakridge, some Texas Rub Company, Blues Hog sauces. The recent grill extender buy. From BGE he got the pizza stone, 13” & 18” CI grid, grill gripper and lifter, ash tool and pan, heat gloves, plus some other odds and ends. Map Pro gas and torch, assorted chips and chunks of smoke wood, I think he’s ready for anything!!

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.

Comments

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Sounds like he is going to need a lot more beer! Nice set up.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • billyray
    Options
    We both have a dedicated refrig. in our garages just for that :))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    Wow, so nice when you are all set and ready to BBQ! I love cooking with friends especially other eggers.
  • billyray
    Options
    They are great people and the best of friends!