Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

lid alignment

Tightened bands and now lid doesn't align with the body.  How do I fix?  Thanks!
When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!
·

Comments

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 628
    Won't hurt anything if you leave it like that...it'll cook and hold temps the same.
    ·
  • Wont it kill the gasket?
    When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,062
    That's nothing. I'd leave it alone but if you want to fix it youtube it.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 628
    I've done a lot of high temp cooks and a clean burn with mine like that and no problems.
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,394
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to the club, mines not 100% either. I think most who messed with the lid have this issue. Mine is a much much smaller underbite. Look for a youtube video that shows a fix which should get you closer to proper alignment.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Does this look better?
    ·
  • And this? Phone being dumb.  Have to post pics separately.
    ·
  • One more...
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,807
    That's better aligned than mine.

·
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 303

I wish mine was aligned that good.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,277
    So how did you do it?
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,394
    edited June 2013
    Yeah how u do it , looks good.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    edited June 2013
    Just have a WHOLE bunch of loud mouth soup and it will aline it's self :))

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
  • I used washers per a video on YouTube to get the sides aligned. Haven't figured out front to back. Front to back alignment on the video uses some black magic I haven't figured out yet...
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,807
    Nice. 

The important alignment is the seal, and even that's not that important given half the folks on this forum are going commando....

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,900
    edited June 2013
    As @nolaegghead says, it's the seal that drives the equation.  Dollar Bill test it and a good fit=no issues.  If you aren't particular about low&slow temp control and the amount of lump consumed once you shut it down then the gasket air leakage isn't an issue.  OTOH-if you can't achieve what you want with the current alignment then you need to resolve.  FWIW-
    Louisville
    ·