Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wagyu #6 ms NY Strip

Options
How would you prepare? Planning a reverse sear and as of right now just going with salt and pepper to season. I would like suggestions on how you might season or cook the steaks
Grilling year round in Orlando, FL on a large BGE & Santa Maria

Comments

• pirates21
    pirates21 Posts: 74
    Options
    I like a little EVOO kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and a little garlic powder. Nice piece of meat doesn't need much. Reverse sear all the way!!
    Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    A nice Wagyu deserves the respect of nothing but S & P. you want to enhance, cover up the flavor.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Waygu fat renders very easily so you never want to cook steaks over medium rare.  Salt and pepper, no oil needed.  If you want to get fancy, you can rub with Japanese shichimi AKA 7 spice.

Options
    Carpacio, Like Nola said the fat renders so easily. Thin sliced with some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel aged Soy Sauce
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    beteez said:
    Carpacio, Like Nola said the fat renders so easily. Thin sliced with some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel aged Soy Sauce
    I love carpaccio...it's not for everyone, but if you're a caveman and love the taste of raw meat...yum. 

Had some "Kobe" (I know, it really was Waygu from the US) at a Sushi place where they served it cut up like carpaccio and they put down this huge slabe of lava rock that was heated up to nuclear temp in an oven...it sat in a large bowl of marbles.  You'd put some butter down on the rock and grab a slice of meat and cook it right on your table.  They had some shichimi and other stuff that you could put on the meat too.