Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Nest problem?

GrandeUovoVerdeGrandeUovoVerde Posts: 3
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hello from the UK!
                           I took delivery of my pre-assembled large BGE yesterday and was really looking forward to using it over the weekend when I noticed something unusual.

The Egg was tilting both front to back and left to right as you look at it, such that that the Egg wasn't actually touching 2 of the supporting struts! 

At first I couldn't work out why this was happening but by comparing my set up to pictures of the same configuration on web I could see that two of the lower struts on the nest (it has a handler attached to it) were bent (one on each side) wit one of them quite badly bent . This appeared to explain why everything was tilting.

Anyway I've sent BGEUK pictures of this and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I'm hoping they'll offer to replace it although it'll mean I'll have to go through the hassle of disassembling it and shipping it back. If they won't I I will have to find a metal work shop to straighten the struts out for me.

Any comments, thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome!

All the best

Tony

Comments