Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Built an altar for my XLBGE

Well, i finally got my own BGE and after a few beers, thought, why don't i build a table to dress up the patio?  cannot be that difficult or take too long.....  Well, guess you know how that turned out. 

The table houses my XLBGE and a 500 series Napoleon to warm the plates.  The table is 90" long by 35' deep and was constructed in two parts.  The base is framed in pressure treated 2X4s supported by 6 4X4 posts and decked in 3/4 plywood.  Each drawer is 32X30X8" to hold the tools and charcoal.  The upper structure is built on 2 sheets of 3/4" glued together and topped with a sheet of 1/2 concrete board to act as a thermal break.  The framing was done with 18 Gauge steel studs and the whole thing was covered in 1/2" concrete board with two layers for the table top.  The whole upper portion was tiled top to bottom to dress it up and i put in an electric box for my Looft fire starter (not necessary but what a great toy to light up with). The egg is on two layers of patio stone to get the height just right.

This great idea took a bit of time and really wasn't that difficult.  We're very happy with the result even though the whole unit complete weighs in at about 1100 lbs so its pretty tough to move around.

I added a couple of pictures to illustrate the build and the final product.

Comments