Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket done too early

Ok brisket is done now but we are not eating for another 7 hours. What do I do?

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    I have the same problem @jim and may just be eating mine for lunch instead of dinner. Sounds like you may not have that flexibilty though. I have seen where people have FTC'd for up to 7 hours so you might be okay. I've left the temp probe in mine while it is FTCing so that I can monitor during the day.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    LOL. I think 7 hours of foil towel cooler should be fine. Wanted to get others thoughts though. Main problem Is sister in law works for the department of health and will freak out if she finds out it sat so long.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 14,023
    Only the voice of one here. 7 hours is pushing it.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• I do 7 hours all the time. Lots of towels and it will be piping hot in 7 hours. Even if she is with the dept of health- the most stringent rules are it can be BELOW 140 for 4 hours and still be safe. If you put it in there with lots of towels, it won't go below 140 for 1 hour.They are her rules, she can't have it both ways :D

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,019
    It'll be fine.  If you want, check the internal temp half way to dinner.  You can always put the foil ball in the oven at the lowest temp (my gas oven will do 170F, some electrics do 150).