Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need Brisket advice...

I have done a couple small briskets, but never a full brisket.  This thing is huge!  It's 11 pounds and I want to do it with Travis's method.  From end to end its 19" long.  Should I cut the flat and cook it separate on one of my other eggs?  I think I would have to drape this one over a v-rack to fit it my large.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Your grid is 18" on your large.  That brisket will fit.  At first, you might scwunch it a tad, but as it cooks, it will get shorter.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    Your grid is 18" on your large.  That brisket will fit.  At first, you might scwunch it a tad, but as it cooks, it will get shorter.
    But I don't think the pan is going to fit which is my problem...doing it Travis-style.   :)

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I draped one over the V rack 2 weeks ago, after about an hour and a half i took the rack out and it had shrunk up enough to fit
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    Good call. I can start it out on the grid and move to the pan after shrinkage has occurred.   :D

• Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,091
    If the pan is the problem you need a different pan, right? What am I missing?
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,484
    Fold the ends of the pan upward?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

edited June 2013
    If the pan is the problem you need a different pan, right? What am I missing?
    It's not going to fit in a smaller pan unless I cut it and I doubt I could fold the pan to make it fit.  I think I am going to put it on the grid directly for a while and then move it to a smaller pan (hopefully) after it shrinks up a bit and finish it out.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,360
    That looks like a giant flat.