Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for an older receipe ...burgers...with the center punched out

gregeddins
gregeddins Posts: 5
So back when I first got my egg a few years back, I found this recipe for burgers...where you punched out the very center piece to keep the middle from being underdone...anyway..the thing I really liked was the method used produced some really juicy burgers that had a little bit of a "crust" on the outside.  I'd really like to find that again..but having searched and searched I'm not having any luck.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?  If so, please help an old, forgetful, unorganized Egger out! :-)

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    A hole punched out; like a donut?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited June 2013
    @gregeddins... on your honeymoon and you weren't checking the BGE forum? Sounds liked you're whipped already.  :)

Seriously though, Congrats!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Mmmmm, meat donuts... 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Probably not the exact post you're thinking of but it is an old post with mention of indenting the center of the patty with your thumb and a reference to it looking like a bagel: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/81546/help-please-best-way-to-cook-a-burger
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA