Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Meatzza

Saw a recipe called a meatzza and fulfilling Murphy's first law of lost recipes, I could not find it.   So i did the next best thing...improvise.
Fired up the mini and grilled yellow squash, onion and Anaheim pepper.  
Seasoned the grass feed hamburger meat and pressed out to form a "crust".  Placed on a foil lined pizza screen and then on the mini.
Browned on 1 side then flipped (that was a feat) and placed on the CI comal.
Added the refried beans (leftovers from last nites pot)
Added the veggies
The cheese
To the table 
Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,060
    Meat coma. That's a big patty to flip!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,870
    edited June 2013
    Cool! 

I had some leftover home ground butt that I turned into a monster burger for the neighbor's misfit dogs.  Think it weighed in at 7 pounds. Nuthin' as fancy as yours but the guests had 4 legs and weren't picky. :)

imageimage

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    @ Caliking, Yes it was a challenge to flip and not get burned.  I used a plate and flipped it over into the plate then slide it into the CI comal.
    This was just over a 3/4 pound of ground meat.  It was pressed fairly thin to cook fast.  There were no leftovers.  
    ·

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    @nolaegghead, you must really hate your neighbors. Those dogs are gonna have to stay outside for a few days. Better get the hose ready.
    ·
    @nola...dayum...will hands and knees work in lieu of 4 feet :-)
    ·
    @Eggcelsior - I was smart.  I wrapped the whole thing up in foil and gave it to the dog's daddy, thereby releasing myself of any gluttony related IBS discharge culpability.   

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    @Nola. Love your Judge.  Do you use Winchester PDX1 Defender ammo?  Nasty stuff.  N'est-ce pas?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Mmmm...reminds me of the Tostada Burger at Chris Madrid's in San Antonnio.

·
    @fearless, will be down at Brooks today. Where is Chris Madrid? Was planning to have puffy taco for lunch but my mind can be changed. Is Madrids good SA tex mex food?
    ·
    Thanks @Gary - It's Fleur's carry gun, but it's been relegated to a holster on her side of the bed.  I think it has Federal Hydra Shock 38S +Ps.  She didn't want to renew her license because she never carried anyway.

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Thanks @Gary - It's Fleur's carry gun, but it's been relegated to a holster on her side of the bed.  I think it has Federal Hydra Shock 38S +Ps.  She didn't want to renew her license because she never carried anyway.
    Mine isn't my carry gun either.  It's too big.  I carry a Sig .380 for fun.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    My mother used to make something similar to this.  I'm certain that your version is better.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,526

Looks awesome !!!!!

But the calories. Don't wanna talk about it.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    Holy shite!!!! Heart attack anyone?
    ·
  • Girl_on_GrillGirl_on_Grill Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    Aviator said:

Looks awesome !!!!!

But the calories. Don't wanna talk about it.

:)) Funny guy! I'm assuming this is an ironic comment, considering this forum worships brisket and ribs. @Austin_Egghead: great cook! I can see slicing and serving on buns or tortillas, depending on seasoning. It's also good for gluten free folks!
    ·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,712
    edited June 2013
    wow-every other cook on here is pig fat wrapped in a bacon weave and there are 500 thumbs up. I do a 4000 calorie brisket and everyone is "wow, how did you do that". Joan posts at low carb pizza recipe and you a-holes complain about the calories?

·
  • @fearless, will be down at Brooks today. Where is Chris Madrid? Was planning to have puffy taco for lunch but my mind can be changed. Is Madrids good SA tex mex food?

I consider it a great burger place. An icon in SA. A bit of a hike from Brooks. TexMex is so subjective. I like Chuy's and The Tamale House in Austin. My favorite places for TexMex in SA are all hole in the walls on the south side.

http://www.chrismadrids.com/

·