Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Next throw down- Cast Iron Cookoff! Big money! Big Prizes!

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 5,501
    So I'm doing my throwdown cook on Friday, and I asked my wife if I could use one of our Le Creuset pieces on the Egg.  I promised to take very good care of it and thoroughly restore it to pristine condition after use.

Long story short, here's my new Lodge cast iron:

Oh Oh, what's inside?

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,159
    cazzy said:
    So I'm doing my throwdown cook on Friday, and I asked my wife if I could use one of our Le Creuset pieces on the Egg.  I promised to take very good care of it and thoroughly restore it to pristine condition after use.

Long story short, here's my new Lodge cast iron:

Oh Oh, what's inside?

Interesting and a little sad. Feel your pain.

I asked my wife if I could use one of our Le Creuset pieces on the Egg.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• @LS:  I've definitely given the wrong impression here; I was just trying [and failing] to be funny.  The real conversation was more like this:  

Her:  "Instead of cleaning the Creuset, why don't you just let all the stuff you would clean act as good seasoning on a non-enameled pan?  Then you can just use it on the Egg all you like without worrying about much scrubbing."

Me (dumbfounded by the simplicity and logic):  "Duuuuhhhhh...never thought of that."

Her (pecking me on the cheek):  "I love you."

I didn't mean to cast aspersions on my wife.  I was just doing schtick.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    I was joking too. Except that I feel your pain thing.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,300
    My new toy. A 7qt Lodge enameled cast iron DO. (The wife lady knows what I like).

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,787
    Wow...I woke up this morning with hunger pains!  NIce job @SaturdayFatterDay and @TexanOfTheNorth.  

This throw down is still on!!!  Remember folks...go through all the entries and "Like" your favorite to vote. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,168
    dang theres some solid cooks here!  i haven't seen one i wouldn't eat!  we gonna get more entries?

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 8,540

My new toy. A 7qt Lodge enameled cast iron DO. (The wife lady knows what I like).

Travis, you're almost out of salt. Stock up dude.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,019
    My new toy. A 7qt Lodge enameled cast iron DO. (The wife lady knows what I like). image
    Travis, you're almost out of salt. Stock up dude.
    We do the same thing - it's mostly Tony Chachere's though.

• DredgerDredger Posts: 176
    I love this thread. All of my CI is still packed up after the move. Gotta find that box and unpack it.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
    @Aviator...wow! Really nice job man. In it to win it fo shizzle!!

Is your dog an American Eskimo?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,431
    @smokeypitt yes he is an Esky.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

Aviator said:

@smokeypitt yes he is an Esky.

Thought so...I have one too.

• calikingcaliking Posts: 5,291
    @Aviator: Awesome cook! That shot of the chops on the egg with the fire halo is magazine quality.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    @cali that looks so yummy. Will have to try it one day soon.

Chattanooga, TN.

Is today the last day for this?

Chattanooga, TN.

Aviator said:

Is today the last day for this?

Yes. Today is the last day for entries.

All the entries are in.  We will keep the voting lines open through Tuesday and the winner will be announce on Wed.  Great job everyone- this has been fun!  Lots of really creative and delicious looking meals.  

Gonna bump this up! Last day for voting!
    That is very sporting of you considering when I counted this morning you were in the lead ;).  The "idea man" is on your heels though! 

Hahaha, I know! But I don't want I see this on page 3 for the last day of voting. I'm not scared of little Steven unless he's been Molsens all day then I'm terrified.
    ;)
    Good man!  

edited June 2013
    U_tarded said:
    Hahaha, I know! But I don't want I see this on page 3 for the last day of voting. I'm not scared of little Steven unless he's been Molsens all day then I'm terrified.
    All in good fun man! The idea is to get  some ideas going around for new stuff. BTW I just un-voted my vote for yours B-) Nothing about the cook, it's a cardinal sin in Canada to misspell Molsons

Steve 

Caledon, ON

edited June 2013
    Uh oh...does that mean we have a tie?? 

<edit>
    No...I see you were only bluffing.  Your vote is still there ;).  

42 minutes left to vote!

U_tarded said:
    All in good fun man! The idea is to get  some ideas going around for new stuff. BTW I just un-voted my vote for yours B-) Nothing about the cook, it's a cardinal sin in Canada to misspell Molsons
    haha, I know its all in good fun!  these throwdowns have been fun, I have gotten tons of ideas from them, and it gets the creativity flowing.  Also I haven't had a Molson since college so I wasn't 100% on the spelling.