Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filet or Ribeye?

I chose Ribeye!!! Dinner for me and the fiance. Steaks (ribeye for me and filet for her), brussels, mushrooms, and a good bottle of wine. Really fantastic dinner. Heading to Pinehurst for a round of golf tomorrow. Followed by UNC vs NCSU Sunday (Go Heels), US Open Final Round (go Phil), and Spurs vs Heat Sunday Night (Go Spurs). All of this with dad. Should be a great weekend!!!

Comments

• TEggSun
    TEggSun Posts: 244
    Awesome cook and a great weekend ahead.  Let's hope Phil shakes the cobwebs and plays like he did on Thursday.  Go Phil, go Spurs.  Oh, by the way, enjoy Pinehurst.  I have only played it on my PS3.  Looks lovely.   ^:)^
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    If it was between filet and sirloin, I'd say porterhouse or T-bone.  Looks good, sounds like a fun time.  I'm rootin' for Spurs over the Labron Heat.
    Looks great! Hope you get a hole-in-one on Number 7.
    Milton, GA.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Going thru the same decision process (filet or ribeye) for Sunday to go along with the lobster tails I I picked up today. Hang in there Phill. Hoping for an exciting Sunday.
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

I chose Ribeye!!! Dinner for me and the fiance. Steaks (ribeye for me and filet for her), brussels, mushrooms, and a good bottle of wine. Really fantastic dinner. Heading to Pinehurst for a round of golf tomorrow. Followed by UNC vs NCSU Sunday (Go Heels), US Open Final Round (go Phil), and Spurs vs Heat Sunday Night (Go Spurs). All of this with dad. Should be a great weekend!!!

You playing #2?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I have been a big Tim Duncan fan since I watched him at Wake Forest(what's up Jefferson Raycom Sports) TIMMAY!!! Best player of his generation. Greatest PF ever.
  • TarHeelBBQ
    TarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    No. Chubbs. We are members of CCNC. IMO the best down there. They played the 1981 US Am there and Hal Sutton won. You can't go wrong with golf in Pinehurst. Hope Phil hangs in there. I think he will. He did the right thing by putting his family first. The best part of CCNC is the chicken salad sandwich at the turn!!!