Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Happy Fathers Day to me!

New adjustable rig setup for Father's Day. Can't wait to use it. Also got a spider. Is the small cast iron grate the best grate to use with the spider? image
image.jpg 1.8M
·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 6,383
    Congrats!!!

If that is large, then the 13" CI grate is best for the spider.
    ·
  • I just got mine in the mail today too.  Can't wait to use it this weekend!

L-BGE | Lusby, MD

·
  • Aggie96_EggerAggie96_Egger Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    hapster said:
    Congrats!!! If that is large, then the 13" CI grate is best for the spider.

It is a large. Thanks. I will look into that.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,383

hapster said:

Congrats!!!

If that is large, then the 13" CI grate is best for the spider.

It is a large. Thanks. I will look into that.

You're gonna love it for doing steaks
    ·
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 593
    Looks just like the set-up I'm looking for. If we have the rig and the spider, I do not see any need for a Woo.  Is that correct?
    Milton, GA.
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Looks like a good weekend in store for you!
    ·
  • flynnbob said:
    Looks just like the set-up I'm looking for. If we have the rig and the spider, I do not see any need for a Woo.  Is that correct?

yes. unless you use the woo in other setups. you would not use a woo with the AR.

·
    flynnbob said:

yes. unless you use the woo in other setups. you would not use a woo with the AR.
    Thanks, Cen-Tex.  I have been confused about the set-ups.  I also like the fact that the AR is stainless. I do appreciate the advice - and you saved me some $$.
    Milton, GA.
    ·
  • flynnbob said:
    flynnbob said:

Thanks, Cen-Tex.  I have been confused about the set-ups.  I also like the fact that the AR is stainless. I do appreciate the advice - and you saved me some $$.

just call Tom before you buy. He will hook you up wth exactly what you need

·
    flynnbob said:
    flynnbob said:

You got it brother, thanks!
    Milton, GA.
    ·
  • flynnbob said:
    flynnbob said:
    flynnbob said:

You got it brother, thanks!

My wife was at their store today. She said they were super nice and very helpful.
    ·
  • they are great people.

·
  • mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182
    Happy father's day!!!!!  I got an AR a short while ago and LOVE it.  I've told a few folks looking at buying an egg for the first time that the AR should be considered part of their purchase.  Have fun and enjoy!
    ·