Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Simple Pork- Many a pic-

Found a new favorite meat shop recently.  They have locally farmed Montana Heritage Pork among other things I am not yet brave enough to try (beef heart).  This was about a 7 hour cook-
Boneless roast looking good-
Simply seasoned with a blanket of Dijon, Sriracha, & a Rib Rub I had
Dome between 225-250 Indirect with about a cup each of apple & cherry wood chips.  Meat was cold as an attempt for it to take extra smoke & color
At about 160F I foiled it and let the temp climb slowly to about 203F
It rested quietly in time out for a while before I took the forks to it.  Was still too hot to handle
Juicy, Smoky, and Delicious!  It was a fun cook, done simply with no injections, brining, or excessive mopping.  

Here is a little story I wrote with more info about the experience-

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!  Especially all you dads out there!  P-
·

Comments