Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Eggs by the Bay Eggfest....

We now have our date set at the park for Sunday June 9th.  Registration is now open.image

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Wow, you moved it up a couple of weeks! Looking forward to it!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Awesome!  Will mark it on my calendar again this year.  Can probably convince my teammate to come this year too.
  • We're already getting emails about Demo Eggs for 2013.

All of the 2013 Demo Egg pricing and purchasing agreement will be finalized by March 1, 2013.

Watch website for details.

Thank you, Smitty
    Eggs by the Bay

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• I made a big mistake last year by not signing up in time. Looking forward to it.... 
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited March 2013

Demo Egg details are now on our website.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• We are now 50 days into our 2013 registration period and this event is filling up quickly.  Already 150 registered and a dozen Eggfest Chefs are signed up as well. Cut off for regstration is 300/320...so don't wait too late.

-Smitty

Here are just a few of the Eggfest Chefs we have lined up for 2013.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Eggs-by-the-Bay/85505682991

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Hey Smitty- I'm going to do my best. I'll be out there within a few weeks of the event. If I can get my work schedule to cooperate, I'll be there. I'll be glad to help out any way I can if I make it. I'll know 3-4 weeks out. Hope there is room if I can make it.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Shoot me an email and we will take care of you.  Hope it works out.

[email protected]

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Shoot me an email and we will take care of you.  Hope it works out.

[email protected]

10-4
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    @SMITTYtheSmoker, besides Salado are there any fests that feature the mini that you know of? That would complete my Egg family.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • @SBJr-Not sure, our Demo Eggs are only the cookers that our Eggfest Chefs will need to cook on that day (Large & XL). 

We do give away 3 Mini Eggs as part of the prizes to our top 3 People's Choice Winners.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Hey Smitty- I'm going to do my best. I'll be out there within a few weeks of the event. If I can get my work schedule to cooperate, I'll be there. I'll be glad to help out any way I can if I make it. I'll know 3-4 weeks out. Hope there is room if I can make it.

Hey CT, I hope you make it out. I may be cooking, if I can get some people together. If not I'll still be there, would like to meet you.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • looks like a family affair. we are doing our vacation in NORCAL this year. we have just moved it to incorporate the weekend of june 9th :). cant wait.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @scottborasjr
    Georgia mountain eggfest sells each egg size demo price. Just google it and their website will be the first one pop up

XLBGE 

Wow, that did not take long.  Our 2013 Eggfest is now SOLD OUT, we are closing down regular registration.   Demo Eggs are still available, and we are still accepting registrations for Eggfest Chefs.   Thanks to everyone for their continued support of our Annual Event here in the San Francisco bay Area, we do appreciate it. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    edited June 2013

Final prep for the "Egg-party" being done this week.

Look like sunny and 79 degreees out at the park Sunday.

If you have registered to attend...travel safe and see you soon.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    See you soon Smitty!  Glad it's going to be great weather again! :)
  • SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    See everybody at the Fest! Glad to see it's going to cool off for the event (we're under a heat wave warning here starting tomorrow)
    South SLO County
  • R2Egg2Q
    Really looking forward to the Eggfest! Who are the Eggheads attending? Looks like Billy Ray is cooking and I'll be helping a friend with some cooking. Z_Eggineer - cooking? SoCalWJS - fest photographer again?
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    I'll be cooking, looking forward to a great day. Thanks Smitty for all your hard work to put this on.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407

Yep, taking pictures, sneaking food (and drink), and trying to steal everybody's secrets. Boxerpapa will be back cooking.

Planning on getting in early enough on Saturday that I can stop by the store for the first time, then get to the Hotel for the Meet 'n greet. Going to be a long drive....

South SLO County
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER

Great Bay Area weather for the Eggfest.

Sunday's forecast is 75 and sunny,  light jacket and sunscreen!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    edited June 2013

We've started posting some pics from yesterday's Eggfest on our Facebook page.  More to come.

Link

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    We made Thanksgiving stuffed pork tenderloin, grilled lemonade, and Szechuan chicken stir-fry in the wok.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    edited June 2013

Wish I had tried out the Grilled Lemonade....sounds interesting.

Here's the Z-Man in action.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• R2Egg2Q
    We made Thanksgiving stuffed pork tenderloin, grilled lemonade, and Szechuan chicken stir-fry in the wok.

Dang it, this is the 2nd year in a row that I missed meeting you and trying your food! Worst part is I think you were just two stations over from us. #-o Were you next to "The Grillionaires" (the guys who served Apple Pies)?

Unfortunately I didn't see or meet many other Eggheads or Eggers. I did enjoy swapping cook samples with @billyray and met @selmarichard and his better half. Saw @boxerpapa pass by but didn't get a chance to chat with him. Spoke with @SoCalWJS briefly as he was busy taking some great pics and looking for something spicy to eat ;)

Bay Area, CA
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER

John Yee (R2Egg2Q) supported our Grand Championship team led by Ricky Rahi this year.  This same group won (John leading) in 2011.   Great food all day, always a crowd favorite.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    edited June 2013

Here's a pic of brother Bill Gilbert (Billyray), they had quite a crew out Sunday helping support our event.  Thanks Bill.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SMITTYtheSMOKER

The Park was filling up with "Eggers" by mid morning.image

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA