Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT - Ole Smoky Moonshine

BigWaderBigWader Posts: 490

Has anyone ever tried it?  Specifically the Cherries?  Worth trying to get some for summer BBQs?

Large BGE

Comments

• jack8820jack8820 Posts: 3
    Excellent choice.  The versions with fruit are much better than plain. 
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,759
    edited June 2013
    I haven't tried it but I have tried some GA bottled pre-packaged shine.  IMO it is somewhat of a gimmick since it is only 40 proof.  I've had some real shine made by real hillbillies :)...and that stuff will kick you on your arse.  I feel like the GA stuff I bought was cheap vodka someone put in a jar.

...but the old smoky might be more legit. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    I have some homemade Grappa which is basically Italian moonshine.  Proofs out at 180.  Put up some cherries and grapes with it a few yews ago and they are fruit bombs.  About 3 seconds after eating one the volcano goes off in your chest.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 490

Here's the description from their website:

OLE SMOKY® MOONSHINE CHERRIES
    A party in a jar!· Ole Smoky’s® Moonshine Cherries are an Appalachian party tradition. Each jar is hand-filled with fresh maraschino cherries soaked in Ole Smoky’s® 100 proof moonshine. Each cherry says a sweet hello followed by a warm goodbye. Once the cherries have disappeared, enjoy the remaining Cherry Moonshine straight up or create the ultimate Cherry Coke or Shirley Temple. Pick up a jar of Ole Smoky’s® Moonshine Cherries on your way to any party or simply keep them all to yourself. Good day? Have a cherry. Bad day? Have a cherry.

My SWMBO is going to Gattlinburg in a couple weeks - so I'm going to see if she can get some for her duty free allowance.

Large BGE

• henapplehenapple Posts: 10,791
    I'm assuming it's not real moonshine...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • LitLit Posts: 2,544
    I got some from a buddy locally here in GA and its hard to drink. I am gonna try the apple pie moonshine recipe from egging in the mountains. This stuff has to be 150 proof. A couple sips and you can feel your body warming up.