Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT - So, pretty happy right now.

So, pretty happy, we moved here a few years back, and are pretty proud, had a few major project to do, and still a few minor ones to complete. Starting on the back yard now, finally getting my deck. I keep the egg and table in the garage we did last year, and I can’t wait till I don’t have to wheel that heavy ass thing out every few nights for a cook.  Should be completed soon, then it will be set up permanently for the egg, with room for additional eggs… Hope everyone has a great weekend and a great father’s day! Thanks again for all the great reading lately, been trying to get on here and keep up as much as I can. Take care. I'll update once I have my egg in its place.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

imageimageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    Awesome! Can CT and I come camp out under the stars? He'll make brisket and I'll make crappy jokes in poor taste, like this one: Nice pics, but I can't see the forest for the cut down trees... Ba-dum-tiss!  :D
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I'm guessing you live in Alberta, and that makes me jealous right there. Deck looks like it'll be used a lot.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • AlbertaEggerAlbertaEgger Posts: 810
    Awesome! Can CT and I come camp out under the stars? He'll make brisket and I'll make crappy jokes in poor taste, like this one: Nice pics, but I can't see the forest for the cut down trees... Ba-dum-tiss!  :D
    Speaking of camping, having a party all next weekend sort of for a delayed 30th for the wife we couldnt do last year. I dont even know who is all coming but i know they are all camping out, my count is 8 trailers will be out front, and i am guessing a few tents out back, and people just scattered where ever else they may fall... I need to start thinking of some butts to cook up for everyone for the Saturday.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Is that all cedar? Nice looking property.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Very very nice! I look forward to seeing pics of that deck once it is finished.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    Is that all cedar? Nice looking property.
    No, just pressure treated and will stain in a few weeks. Thanks, its been a lot of work and a lot more to come, but its something we enjoy working at, and for...
    ·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    That looks great. We just had our deck rebuilt and am loving it.
    ·

Made some good progress despite all the rain every day, I’m very happy with the outcome. Just waiting on the glass inserts to come in, will stain it later on, but it’s going to be great egging out back. Doing 2 butts on it tomorrow night for the weekend party... Oh, and moving the egg and table was not fun, a few to many rums, a few to many ideas, a picker on site, but at the end of the day we moved it by hand, probably a wise choice...

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

imageimageimageimage
    ·
    Very nice! Are you going with glass panels or slats?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    bronze very slightly tinted glass, same as i have on the front, although i dont think my profile pic shows it. I only went with slats on the bar corners here so when i put some stools there my drunk as wont kick and break the glass.
    ·
    Very nice! Are you going with glass panels or slats?
    Sorry... I see what you are asking, glass panels, not slats.
    ·

My deck guy talked me into the slats (I didn't even know they were available) South by Southwest exposure so the breeze still gets through. You have plenty of spindles so it won't be a problem for you.

photo DSC_0102-3.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    wow, that is a nice place you have there. The slats look good, think with the slight bronze tint it might look to busy though, and i wanted it to somewhat match what is in the front.
    ·
  • NsdexterNsdexter Posts: 135
    Looks good!
    HFX NS
    ·
    Thanks everyone, we are pretty happy, and the kids love it.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,111
    Wow...beautiful!  You should be proud of that! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·