Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hunk a Hunk a.....

meat!

Gave this a try, you guess what it is.  It weighed in at just under 3 pounds.

Done on the XL with the lump pushed to the back so I could start indirect, and then do a final sear.  As it turns out the outside browned and crisped up nicely without any direct at all.  Cooked at 400 for 1 hour.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,081
    edited June 2013
    I do believe that is a big ol bone in ribeye. Let me guess...publix at $5.99/lb??  Looks frikkin B-E-A-U-tiful.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,400
    some kind of bone-in loin or ribeye...I'd hit dat!

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,489
    edited June 2013
    Two guesses are enough
    :)

I thought this looked like a gimongus bone in ribeye, but it was labeled as a bone in beef roast.  The meat was incredibly tender, and it was very well marbled.  I don't care how they labeled it, in a restaurant that was a $50 steak.

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I'll tell you what it is. It's one badass hunk of cow, is what it is!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    call it what you will. it's a thing of beauty
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,075
    I'd call it mouth watering.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I was going to say a chop from an over sized 1-ton lamb, but I guess a cow makes sense too.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,489
    LOL, I felt like Man Vs. Food.  This time food won, I ate about a third of it.

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,547
    Did you sweat and look all sloppy like Adam does on his show. Very sexy. The ladies love it.