Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SWMBO BDAY DINNER (FILETS)

I haven't posted in a while any cooks due to being at the lake and a lot of travel as well for work. This weekend is the wife's BDAY and we are heading to the Hill Country (Texas for non Texans). I told the wife lets have a great dinner here before we head out in the morning and she agreed. I wanted Filets and Lobster but after the big lunch I consumed we just stuck with filets, baked potatoes, and brussels sprouts.

Got the egg stabilized at 300 Indirect for my potatoes and let them go for about 50 min or so and then threw on my Filets (Salt, Pepper, and Thyme). Did the Filets till they hit 105 and pulled them and let them rest for about 10MIN while I got the temp up to around 550. Threw them on for about 1.5Min per side to get a nice char.

Wife was on cloud nine after that steak, It was my first time trying it this way and it wont be my last. Also had a 2007 Bottle of Nickel & Nickel Chardonnay, and yes I did a white wine with a steak. It was damn hot out and a red wine outside when its 90 Plus out is not a refreshing drink for me.

Now a glass of Oban and a Fuente I am set for the trip tomorrow.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments