Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bulk smoking chunks

Anyone have a good place online to buy bulk smoking chunks?  Tired of buying 5lb bags.  Any help appreciated. 
XLBGE, LBGE, 2 Superior SS-2 gravity feed smokers;  Medford Lakes NJ
·

Comments

• GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273

Fruitawoodchunks.com  Great product and free shipping. Lots of choices too!

·
  • Thanks!
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,022
    I order from this guy. He is local to north Georgia and its always good clean wood and he will cut to the size you want.
    http://joesbbqwood.com/
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,812
    I usually just drive around after a storm with a chainsaw and some gloves.

·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    +1 for Fruitawood
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I never realized how many commercial wood suppliers there are in my area, but then where do all the restaurants get their wood??  I found one guy who has six different types of wood.  When i run out of pecan, i will order a pallet load from them, cost $160./ i pick it up.  That is about three foot high and five foot square and will last me two years+.  I will have to cut it into smaller pieces or what WE call chunks...
    ·
  • Lit said:
    I order from this guy. He is local to north Georgia and its always good clean wood and he will cut to the size you want. http://joesbbqwood.com/
    Thanks!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,060
    Look for any orchards in your area, and ask when they trim trees. You may even be able to score it for free.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,022

Lit said:

I order from this guy. He is local to north Georgia and its always good clean wood and he will cut to the size you want.
    http://joesbbqwood.com/

Thanks!

No problem. If you happen to live in the area he works at the bass pro shops in Gwinnett. I always meet him there to save on shipping.
    ·
  • DeviledeggerDeviledegger Posts: 235
    I just scored three 50 gallon drums of cherry from a friend who is a big time woodworker. Most of it just kiln dried and straight into his shop. That should hold me over for a long time (at least with cherry).
    ·
  • Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 846
    edited June 2013
    Also give Craigslist a try. Got a box of pecan and cherry that my brother found for $5.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • Home Depot has 20lb bags for $17.00
    ·
  • bobbymcGbobbymcG Posts: 13
    Does anyone have a particular rec for Central Texas?
    ·