Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need recipe on grilling tilipia

Did a search but came up empty. Need recipe's and grilling temp with approx. time.Thanks

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Just did some blackened talapia Tues. night. I used a CI griddle on the grid. I get the lump lit and the put the griddle on the egg. Go to about 500 dome temp (not sure how hot that makes the surface of the griddle). Talapia filets are coated with melted butter and then liberally seasoned with Paul Prudhome's Fish Magic. Cook on the griddle about 1 minute per side.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Thanks Texas

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Coat the filets with mayo and your choice of spices.  @400 F (ish) cook direct for about 2 minutes a side - flip with a long spatula or one designed for fish.  Only flip once.  Take off when the center of the filet in the thickest part is opaque.

Or you can plank them.

Or cook en papillote - all the recipes work for just about any fish.

If it's a whole fish, just throw them on.  This is a pic of a couple of whole Tilapia (cut the heads off so I didn't have to watch them staring at me ;) )

They mayo is to keep them from sticking - you won't taste it.
    I coat with olive oil and sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning and some salt. 300 deg, raised direct for about 10 min. I don't flip. Comes out great every time. Use a wide metal spatula to apply and remove from grid. They are delicate and fall apart easily.
  • I would suggest planking.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    edited June 2013

I do mine in a cast iron skillet, 400 degrees for about 2 minutes per side. I use cajun spice or Dizzy Pig snake venom. I don't use all the butter in the picture anymore. Just a little olive oil. The plain one was for my daughter.