Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Need recipe on grilling tilipia

Did a search but came up empty. Need recipe's and grilling temp with approx. time.Thanks

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 1,918
    Just did some blackened talapia Tues. night. I used a CI griddle on the grid. I get the lump lit and the put the griddle on the egg. Go to about 500 dome temp (not sure how hot that makes the surface of the griddle). Talapia filets are coated with melted butter and then liberally seasoned with Paul Prudhome's Fish Magic. Cook on the griddle about 1 minute per side.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh, you're just getting started, Bobby. You'll be grilling your whole life."

Coat the filets with mayo and your choice of spices.  @400 F (ish) cook direct for about 2 minutes a side - flip with a long spatula or one designed for fish.  Only flip once.  Take off when the center of the filet in the thickest part is opaque.

Or you can plank them.

Or cook en papillote - all the recipes work for just about any fish.

If it's a whole fish, just throw them on.  This is a pic of a couple of whole Tilapia (cut the heads off so I didn't have to watch them staring at me ;) )

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 8,908
    They mayo is to keep them from sticking - you won't taste it.

• twlangantwlangan Posts: 279
    I coat with olive oil and sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning and some salt. 300 deg, raised direct for about 10 min. I don't flip. Comes out great every time. Use a wide metal spatula to apply and remove from grid. They are delicate and fall apart easily.
  • I would suggest planking.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    edited June 2013

I do mine in a cast iron skillet, 400 degrees for about 2 minutes per side. I use cajun spice or Dizzy Pig snake venom. I don't use all the butter in the picture anymore. Just a little olive oil. The plain one was for my daughter.

• KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    IMG_8217-1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 143K