Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    edited June 2013
    @FrankC623 Thanks for the selection of rubs, sauces and smoking wood!!!

@SaturdayFatterday - the mousepad was in the Cooks giftbag @ the N. Georgia Eggfest. We got 2 so I figured, I'd give the other away. Enjoy!!

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for posting @Mickey.

I've been updating the main thread, but don't think anyone has been following it.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • @hapster glad it came undamaged. I was worried about it.  I thought the Corn holders would be fun.  Yes we are hurtin  for real good sauce but that one is pretty good.  Enjoy. 
  • @hapster - let us know what you think of the Trilby's it is one of our favorites. Leave it to the Sheriff to forget his ID.....
    Well its true, my mind is going fast.  But atleast I can't remember what i do wrong.  LOL. Sorry I forgot @hapster wait did I already say that? 
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    According to USPS my package was delivered this AM in Tx
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    beteez said:

I live in texas...maybe i'll have a surprise when I get home [-O<
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    cazzy said:

beteez said:

I live in texas...maybe i'll have a surprise when I get home [-O<
    Haha! Anybody got anything landing in Mississippi soon?!?!

XLBGE 
  • Wchapman74
    Wchapman74 Posts: 52
    A big THANK YOU to my Elf.
    lots of great stuff to try. first things first, I need to go find some chilled toilet paper to help with the spicy stuff.
    My Elf forgot to include his screen name, who ever you are THANK YOU
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Need to pick up a few more items and should have the stuff packed and shipped out no later than Monday :)
  • cazzy

A big THANK YOU to my Elf.

lots of great stuff to try. first things first, I need to go find some chilled toilet paper to help with the spicy stuff.
    My Elf forgot to include his screen name, who ever you are THANK YOU
    Knew I was a Texas boy!

That was from @CPARKTX :D

Nice care pack CPark!!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

My elf bombed me! Way to cool! Darian, Photo Egg from the other forum hit me with way too much and almost all of it is unavailable here. This was what MCM intended when he had this brilliant idea.

photo DSC_0079-5.jpg

photo DSC_0080-3.jpg

photo DSC_0081-2.jpg

photo DSC_0082-3.jpg

Darian, Thanks buddy this is over the top man! I hope you read this forum at least cause I forget how to post pics on the other one. I'll get it up there tomorrow.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    That's a nice score.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Mickey said:
    Dude, You really need to go onto your post and backspace up to the comment. You only need to do it once.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• A couple of years ago Consumer Reports had a review of BBQ sauces, and reprinted their own recipe from years ago. It's pretty good:

Below is a recipe developed at Consumer Reports. If you prefer a spicy sauce, add more cayenne. If you want one that’s not so sweet, add less molasses. And if you don't have an ingredient on hand, substitute something else, such as a few tablespoons of orange rind for the marmalade.

Consumer Reports Barbecue Sauce
    Total prep time: About 30 minutes
    Makes: About 2 cups.

Ingredients
    1 teaspoon crushed garlic (2 to 3 cloves)
    1 6-ounce can tomato paste
    1/4 cup light molasses
    2 tablespoons orange marmalade
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
    1/4 teaspoon celery seed
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon liquid smoke
    3/4 cup white vinegar
    1/4 cup dark molasses
    1/4 cup water
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves

In a medium-sized saucepan, combine all ingredients except the liquid smoke. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add the liquid smoke. Stir.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Mickey said:
    Dude, You really need to go onto your post and backspace up to the comment. You only need to do it once.

Sir some of us southerners are slow. I guess I am in that group. What the hell are you talking about?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Was sent this in elfster.  I didn't take a pic before I sent.

Dear Secret Elf,

Thanks for a great assortment!! Sorry, I cannot thank you on your forum. My profile was deleted a few days after it was created. They kept telling me it was a error and would be corrected. I finally quit asking so I only read over there. Hope you come to our forum and read also. Looks like I may be not real far from you next month. I will be on staff for the BSA national Jamboree near Beckley, WV.
    Thanks again for a great assortment of gifts and Good Eggin to ya.
    Tom

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    After a week of work that kicked my ass six ways from Sunday, finally got my package packed and shipped. Hope @xxxxxx enjoys their package!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Was sent this in elfster.  I didn't take a pic before I sent.

Dear Secret Elf,

Thanks for a great assortment!! Sorry, I cannot thank you on your forum. My profile was deleted a few days after it was created. They kept telling me it was a error and would be corrected. I finally quit asking so I only read over there. Hope you come to our forum and read also. Looks like I may be not real far from you next month. I will be on staff for the BSA national Jamboree near Beckley, WV.
    Thanks again for a great assortment of gifts and Good Eggin to ya.
    Tom
    Much as we try to build bridges, BGE and forum admins need to pay attention as well. It is nice to note that the poster realized that.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Man that is a great box @Cazzy.  Apple Butter BBQ Sauce...that is calling my name!!  Googling it now.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• chris123stock
    chris123stock Posts: 664
    edited June 2013
    Well I see @skiddymarker didn't forget his letter.  :))   good stuff, like the Trilbys touch. 
  • ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
    Beteez I sent you that. Thank you so much for the awesome package
  • ericp
    It is cali. Your going to love it
    beteez said:

Not sure about this California Barbecue sauce I received the web site has a recipe for barbecue tofu. http://www.earlsgonewild.com/pdf/barbequedtofu.pdf and not a single recipe involving pig.

• ericp
    Love my package
    beteez said:

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I'd be curious to hear about that apple butter sauce.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• cazzy
    ericp said:
    Love my package
    @ericp You drew @beeteez, but your package was from a Texas Boy.  

You owe thanks to @Slobberdog

Love your care package too!  :)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Bump
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Just shipped my package priority mail sorry no teaser pics .But the weight is 8 pounds 11ounces if that helps any . my person should have it within two to three days .Hope you enjoy it 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Sent mine Fed ex and my Elf ought to have it on Tuesday.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.