Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Introducing "The Baller" - stay-cool intake vent mod

calikingcaliking Posts: 5,368
I may have posted this earlier - my apologies if I did, but @Mickey asked for a separate thread. And what Mickey wants... Mickey gets. Or else he won't let me into Salado next year, even worse he may not cut me a deal on the Toyota truck of my dreams :)

The newer LBGE's have a rubber/silicone cover on the intake vent tab which takes away the sharp edge of the steel, and stays cool to the touch. I wanted something similar for my small and mini eggs, that would make it easier to adjust the intake setting.

Took a 1/4" carriage bolt and a phenolic ball knob (available from Amazon and McMaster-Carr, I believe). Took the sliding vent panel off, and drilled a hole in the tab. Screwed on the nuts to keep it in place. Screwed on the ball knob at the other end. Bent the tab forward a bit for clearane, a little more on the mini to clear the Carten.

Easy peasy. Did this for the small and the mini. Makes adjusting the intake easier since the knob is larger then the little tab. Plus it keeps your fingers away from the hot base of the egg. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments