Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OT - Father's Day Gift Hints

Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 4,927
edited June 2013 in Off Topic
I have been laying down some heavy hints for a Soda Stream machine. This will renew the old battle "Pop vs Soda" in our house. Wilma grew up in Florida where the beverage is called soda. Here in Michigan, it's called pop.

edit - Have you been hinting and what for?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,961
    Soda

I don't drink my Grandfather.
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,249
    I wish they made a Beer Stream.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • They do. It's called a kegerator.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    Stay away from the Soda Stream - they rape you on the proprietary not-user-fillable CO2 tank exchanges.  You can buy adapters to use paint ball tanks, the the fitting is around $50.

We had a soda stream (gift) but the gas ran out we replaced it with a Primo Flavorstation, which was on sale for $30 at Tuesday Morning.  Bought two of them...they come with 20 oz paint ball canisters - you can get those refilled for around $3-5 at Academy sports and a bunch of other places - or do it yourself with a tank kit or dry ice.

·
  • Hinting?  I gave here a list!   :))
    ·
    Chubbs said:
    Soda and pop is a coke. End of discussion.
    Depends on where you live...

However, when I am visiting home(Charleston, SC), there is only one thing I ask for:

Screw Atlanta.

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,875
    edited June 2013
    Hey man you want a coke?

Yea sure.

Cool, I've got dr pepper, sprite, coke? Which one?

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,090
    Hinting?  I gave here a list!   :))
    That's the way to do it.  Hints get lost on me.  :-??
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I been hinting around trying to get the wife to buy me a small for fathers day.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    shtgunal3 said:
    I been hinting around trying to get the wife to buy me a small for fathers day.
    "Hey, honey?"

"Yeah"

"What do you want for Father's Day?"

"A small BGE"

"But honey, you already have the large and you spend all your time on that damn forum hawking grid extenders and what not. The large is more than enough for the needs of our family. Anything else?"

"Uhhh...mmmm... a Mini?"

"Here is your pillow. The couch is downstairs."

Didn't work for me...

·
  • I saw this deal on the sodastream maker at home depot.  SodaStream Starter Kit on Sale for $79.99 - 20% w/ promotion code GIFT4DAD.  $25 rebate here. http://www.sodastreamusa.com/Assets/SST_FF_Machine_25RebateOffer_R9.pdf? 
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,013
    edited June 2013
    I've asked for a boat since we got married. It's been 10 years and I still don't have the damn boat. I think this year might be the one. :))
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,699
    Washington state.. Its called pop. Colorado it's called soda. Florida it's called drank or coke. I'm just glad we don't have kids yet.. They would go through an identity crisis
    ·