Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Adding to the Family

I got the go ahead to get another egg for fathers day/my birthday (which is on fathers day).  Going with the small to add to my large.  I think i will get more use out of the small than the mini.  I can always add a mini next year...

Any suggestions on accessories for the small.  Woo and stone?

Wiggins, MS
·

Comments

• Congrats on the addition to the family! You got that right about the Woo & stone.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,931
    Woo and a stone is what I went with and they are both fantastic.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,706
    Welcome to the club
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • The next task is building a table for both. 
    Wiggins, MS
    ·
  • Got the small and Large combo myself.  Waiting to add an XL when I can.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,522
    Congrats!  Enjoy the new addition.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Congrats on the small! I'm envious.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,526

Small is an excellent choice and complements the large very well.

I have a woo stone and drip pan along with a CI grid which also can go on the spider in the large for sear.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,306

Got the small and Large combo myself.  Waiting to add an XL when I can.

I'm in you boat

XLBGE 
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,449
    I don't even have the guts to ask for one. I'm such a wuss :(
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    May I suggest the small for your birthday, and the mini for Father's Day... this year. :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • I wish, she would kill me if i ask this soon.  What sucks is i have to wait until my dad gets back from his vacation to help me build a table for the two.  I doubt i will use it until i get the table.  Going to suck looking at it in the box for the rest of the month.

I actually managed to order the adjustable rig for my large today as well. Went with the R B combo.

Its a big celebration week for us, the wife's birthday is today, mine is Sunday along with fathers day and our anniversary is next Thursday.
    Wiggins, MS
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,102
    edited June 2013
    My fathers day gift was the XL egg 3 weeks ago. I want another egg (medium/small) this father day too. - LOL 

A brother can dream cant he? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Buy her a mini! Everyone wins!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

·