Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless hot wings or breasts or something

So I wanted to do some boneless chicken wings. So I tried it. Got 5 pounds of breast and sliced up and soaked in buttermilk half the day. The hot ones I rubbed with tsunami spin then flour. The honey BBQ I just did flour. Put em all on and waited till they hit bout 150. Pulled off and sauced half with Franks red hot and the other half with honey and BBQ sauce. Let it carmelize then pulled. I'll let you know how they taste.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Looks good.  Curious how they came out.  I love doing wings but the wife would prefer boneless.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • pwg56
    pwg56 Posts: 93
    Welcome ! I see corn starch in the picture....did that figure in somehow?
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    They turned out really good. I sprinkled with cornstarch after flouring. The hot ones weren't quite hot enough so I hit em with a little more Franks after pulling and they were perfect. I will definitely do these again.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Lordy that looks good, I did a meatloaf tonight that was good, but not nearly photo worthy as it broke in two pieces as I took it off the Egg.  Nice looking cook @shtgunal3.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Yeah hell @scottborasjr, you inspired it. You may not remember but a few months back I asked for a recipe and you gave me some tips. I'm just now getting around to trying it out. Thanks brother.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    @shtgunal3 glad that it turned out well, scary that I'm influencing actual humans besides my children.
    =))
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    You can have the three in the top left corner... the rest are mine. They look good!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cdees_1993
    cdees_1993 Posts: 135
    @shtgunal3 How did the corn starch get used?  Those look great by the way!  Were they crispy at all? 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    @shtgunal3 How did the corn starch get used?  Those look great by the way!  Were they crispy at all? 
    Some people use corn starch to dry out the surface of the meat for better browning/crisping. I've generally seen it done on skin but I assume it work similarly for skinless.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Looking good fromwhere I'm sitting. Suddenly I have a craving for wings.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I only read the title. Wings? Breasts? Yes Sir!

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited June 2013
    I only read the title. Wings? Breasts? Yes Sir!

=D>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    The cornstarch didn't do much I don't think. Next time I will try it without. Awesome pic @eggcelsior.