Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whewww, I feel better now.

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
I was down to 8 of the 8.8 pounds bags.  Pictured are 10 of the 17.63 pound bags; over 175 pounds of lump.  Oh, and at 56 cents a pound.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Are you up to date on your colonoscopy?

XLBGE 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Yeah, but you had to go to Wal-Mart to get it. Can't stand that place.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Furall
    Furall Posts: 124
    Options
    Nice did the same the other day. Funny how lump brings out the hoarder in me.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Thats some nice looking lump you got there. =D>

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Only thing I buy there, and Ace has let me down.  I actually went to Target on this trip and got a couple things (which Walmart has) and then went to get the lump.  At least all I had to do was go the garden center.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    I was having trouble hearing when SWMBO referred to me as a lump hoarder if she was really calling me a lump whore - guess it actually is the same thing. 

Can't beat that price Doc - you are set for a week or two.... 
    :))
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,330
    Options

@Chubbs-glad WW isn't the only lump source on the planet otherwise I would have to improvise!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Skiddymarker said:

I was having trouble hearing when SWMBO referred to me as a lump hoarder if she was really calling me a lump whore - guess it actually is the same thing. 

Can't beat that price Doc - you are set for a week or two.... 
    :))
    Are you a lump whore?  Pimping yourself out for anyone with a bag of "you don't give a sh!t what kind of lump it is" lump as long as it's lump.  When you got a serious jones, will briquettes do?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    This used to be a much friendlier place.  I'm outta here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    You guys treat lump like wine.  I treat it like fruit.  You should only buy what you'll use in a few days.  Seriousry, I can taste the musty dustiness of month-old lump; yuk.  

:D

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited June 2013
    Options
    IAre you a lump whore?  Pimping yourself out for anyone with a bag of "you don't give a sh!t what kind of lump it is" lump as long as it's lump.  When you got a serious jones, will briquettes do?
    Yes, my name is .... well Lump Whore, and if it smells like charcoal it must be good. I have 3 large bags of Maple Leaf, 2 bags of DuraFlame (dressed up Cowboy) four large RO, 6 small RO and one bag of Natures Mesquite. SWMBO says "For someone who is so loyal to you egg, you really don't care what you put in it do you?"..I hate it when she is right...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    For some things you have to bite the bullet
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Chubbs - dude, I hate wal-mart too.  I mean, really really hate them.  

Did VI add:

"This used to be a much friendlier place.  I'm outta here."

to his signature?  Seems like it's on every one of his posts....

Skiddy: "So what do ya got?"

Loser: "I'm sorry, man.  All I got is some Matchlight."

Skiddy: "Matchlight??  Are you freaking kidding me??  Matchlight?  Get the h3ll out of here!  I have some standards, ya know?"  (soliloquy)  "Damn!  This has gotten out of hand!"

Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Been without internet connection for 24 hours; just came back up.

It isn't pretty, but it is my comfort zone.

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    Cool hot tub. Talk about chilling by the grill.. has to be relaxingggg.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN