Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The BGE can improve a frozen pizza

bgebaronbgebaron Posts: 2
This past week I cooked a DiGiorno pizza using the plate setter stone along with a pizza baking stone.  It was a desperate move attempting to improve the flavor of a frozen pizza which my kids love.  Every Wednesday we have pizza and a movie night and after 6 years of this tradition I'm over frozen pizza.  Cooked at 400 for 25 minutes and the flavor was more improved than I thought possible.
·

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    My dealer cooks DiGiorno pizza at all his egg classes, they do come out pretty good on the egg!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,653
    Good to know, not sure I'd use the lump though if I had a choice.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    Learn how to make your own dough, it is not that difficult.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • SickEyeDiazSickEyeDiaz Posts: 161
    I was going to do this tonight...any advice?
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    How did your kids like it?  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • SickEyeDiazSickEyeDiaz Posts: 161
    Holy crap...just cooked a Tombstone on the BGE. I took it out perhaps sooner than I should have but DAMN was it flavorful!

I'm in love with this grill.
    ·
  • bgebaronbgebaron Posts: 2
    The kids don't really care about the pizza so long as it doesn't have mushrooms and that they get to watch a movie.  The best advice I have those that are in a time crunch is get everything setup to light the fire the previous night especially if you are in a time crunch for dinner like I usually am.  Otherwise if you have the plate setter and pizza stones just follow the instructions on the box.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,120
    My homemade pies are a lot better than frozen box, but a frozen box is ten times better off the egg than the oven. You've gotta keep the temp under 500 though because the frozen dough is wired.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·