Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The BGE can improve a frozen pizza

bgebaronbgebaron Posts: 2
This past week I cooked a DiGiorno pizza using the plate setter stone along with a pizza baking stone.  It was a desperate move attempting to improve the flavor of a frozen pizza which my kids love.  Every Wednesday we have pizza and a movie night and after 6 years of this tradition I'm over frozen pizza.  Cooked at 400 for 25 minutes and the flavor was more improved than I thought possible.
·

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    My dealer cooks DiGiorno pizza at all his egg classes, they do come out pretty good on the egg!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,404
    Good to know, not sure I'd use the lump though if I had a choice.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    Learn how to make your own dough, it is not that difficult.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • SickEyeDiazSickEyeDiaz Posts: 159
    I was going to do this tonight...any advice?
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,965
    How did your kids like it?  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • SickEyeDiazSickEyeDiaz Posts: 159
    Holy crap...just cooked a Tombstone on the BGE. I took it out perhaps sooner than I should have but DAMN was it flavorful!

I'm in love with this grill.
    ·
  • bgebaronbgebaron Posts: 2
    The kids don't really care about the pizza so long as it doesn't have mushrooms and that they get to watch a movie.  The best advice I have those that are in a time crunch is get everything setup to light the fire the previous night especially if you are in a time crunch for dinner like I usually am.  Otherwise if you have the plate setter and pizza stones just follow the instructions on the box.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,908
    My homemade pies are a lot better than frozen box, but a frozen box is ten times better off the egg than the oven. You've gotta keep the temp under 500 though because the frozen dough is wired.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·