Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse sear pork chops on the Mini

R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
I found some nice boneless pork chops (about 1 1/4" thick and 1/2 lb+ each) that I seasoned with some Simply Marvelous Sweet & Spicy rub and cooked indirect on the Mini until they reached an internal temp around 115-118. I pulled them off the Mini for a few minutes while the Egg & CI got nice and hot: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Then put them onto the CI for a sear: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Pulled them at an IT of 145 and enjoyed after a few minutes rest: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Thx for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments