Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easy Steak Marinade

Options
I like to do a thick Porterhouse with a simple marinade.

Fresh ground black pepper and either 2 oz of Jack Daniels Bourbon or Jim Beam.  Pepper the steak liberally and pour on the bourbon.  Turn the steak a few times over about 90 minute.  2-3 minutes per side on the spider at 650-750 and you have a great steak.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Sounds great!  Will it affect the recipe adversely if I pour 2 oz of bourbon down my throat every 3 minutes until bedtime?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Sounds great!  Will it affect the recipe adversely if I pour 2 oz of bourbon down my throat every 3 minutes until bedtime?

:))
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Options
    It depends on how many brain cells you have left.  B-)

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Its hard to light good whiskey on fire,  but if I were to do it, how long do you let it soak into the steak?
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Streetglider
    Streetglider Posts: 104
    Options
    Only the weak one's die.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sam - good idea. Given that even here in Canuckistan, JB is about a $1/ounce - $2 for a good marinade is not bad - cheaper than the lump for the cook!
    I used some Tennessee Honey on pork but not JD or JB on steak. Thanks - simple is good.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!