Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Now everyone is jumping into the mini pool!

There must be a Costco buyer lurking on the forum and soaking up the mini love. Just saw their own version at Costco for $199. Doesn't appear to be as well made as a BGE and the metal components aren't as good, but imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, I assume we'll see more like these.
Mamaroneck
·

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,629
    Did you notice the brand? I know Costco sells the classic Vision in the US, we get the "it just doesn't work" Vision Pro model in Canada. 
    I think Saphire has a tiny model - similar to the mini.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 355
    I think it was Vision. Will try to post a photo.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,986
    This one? It's cute enough

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    That's it. Comes with it's own wings.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,986
    I really like the wings. Never been to a Costco

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,740
    That's interesting. I'll have to swing by Costco to see what its like, mainly to see if any of the accessories can be hijacked. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    Costco and Trader Joe's probably account for 2/3 of our household spending. Well worth the annual fee, even though we're out of the diaper years.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,543
    The specs say its a little bigger than the mini. 87" cooking area versus 78".
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,488
    Part of the mystique and controversey surrounding the mini is paying up the $400 to get one.

It puts the battle lines up for some funny arguements about it being a " real egg " or being a rip off.

$199.... That's it... :-\"
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    With this forum being funded and administered by the Mother Ship, I wonder if they mind threads that feature competitive products.  If it were my company, I don't think I'd want it.

Just sayin '

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,973
    With this forum being funded and administered by the Mother Ship, I wonder if they mind threads that feature competitive products.  If it were my company, I don't think I'd want it.

Just sayin '
    Gary, back in the old days, before the forum split, I posted pics of my Alton Brown flower pot. The thread magically disappeared. Guess they weren't too happy. :) Can't say as I blame 'em.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
    Still, they tolerate CGW and CGS as active participants here. Maybe it's tacit acknowledgement that they build better multi tier products than the official ones.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,629

Just sayin '
    Ya know, I'd think the same, but maybe that's why I don't own their business. They obviously have faith in the product and know we are "devoted" to say the least, and the marketer in my past says, it is better to be close to your enemies than to you friends sometimes. This way BGE knows what we are thinking and what is important to us. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·