Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    beteez said:

Got mine from a mystery person in Cali

Awesome!! T-shirt looks cool!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    According to UPS tracking my recipients package was delivered to their front door at 12:37 today.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Not sure about this California Barbecue sauce I received the web site has a recipe for barbecue tofu. http://www.earlsgonewild.com/pdf/barbequedtofu.pdf and not a single recipe involving pig.
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Are we supposed to show off what we got or what we are sending out?  I just got my package today and I'm excited to open it up :)

Sending mine out on Friday as the place that I thought had my sauces doesn't carry them anymore :(
    Large BGE

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Shipping mine tomorrow...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Here is my awesome sauces and rubs that I'm so ready to try out!

Large BGE

• cazzy
    EddieK76 said:

Are we supposed to show off what we got or what we are sending out?  I just got my package today and I'm excited to open it up :)

Sending mine out on Friday as the place that I thought had my sauces doesn't carry them anymore :(
    Please share what you have received, but don't share what you're sending our. The Idea Guy advised against it and it actually made sense.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Our idea guy needs to idea a little quicker on the draw. Hell, I can idea after the fact pretty damn good ( so can VI; 4 out if 9 times).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    henapple said:

I've cleared space for the OO you are shipping ;-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • Mickey
    double said:

Double, henapple is not shipping anything tomorrow. He is face down on the beach. He will be lucky to find his shorts by tomorrow.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Big thanks to @Bowhunr

You had gone on to find all spicy treats, we like spicy. I am so going to enjoy these. My daughter is thrilled with the BBQ sauce in a piggy bottle. And the accompanying "'splanations" are truly outstanding. Thanks again.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    You're welcome Mani, I'm glad they all made it in one piece!  I hope you enjoy.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • JaredMD
    JaredMD Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    Sorry!

XL BGE - Baltimore, MD
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

I thought we were NOT supposed to post what we are sending?

The recipient will post it all happy an all.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• cazzy
    JaredMD said:

Sorry!

No worries @JaredMD, it's something that has evolved. Can't wait for your draw to post your package contents.
  • BLDGMAN
    BLDGMAN Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    Well I am lucky, Mickey drew my name. I cannot wait to try all this stuff. Texas BBQ is my favorite. Those candied jalapeños look awesome. Thank you so much sir, you have raised the bar. I will definately pay it forward. Thank so much. Thanks also to those involved with the exchange, these things are so much fun.

• BLDGMAN
    BLDGMAN Posts: 30
  • So here's the amazing package I got from @HIC.  It has a mix of things from Georgia and New England, including an awesome-looking Vidalia onion BBQ sauce, three rubs (not only different in flavor, but in grind), locally-farmed honey, a BBQ-themed mousepad, and a BGE-shaped citronella candle.  What a great assortment of stuff!  Thank you so much, @HIC - I will give you proper credit in all resultant cooks  :D

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    you guys suck
    Mickey said:

double said:

henapple said:

Double, henapple is not shipping anything tomorrow. He is face down on the beach. He will be lucky to find his shorts by tomorrow.

Any more sand in my thong and I'll **** pearls.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    =))
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    you guys suck
    You could have been part of this - but oh no, I don't want to play.......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    BLDGMAN said:
    Well I am lucky, Mickey drew my name. I cannot wait to try all this stuff. Texas BBQ is my favorite. Those candied jalapeños look awesome. Thank you so much sir, you have raised the bar. I will definately pay it forward. Thank so much. Thanks also to those involved with  the exchange, these things are so much fun.
    Man i an so sorry for no note. I am a real busy executive just ask Travis. I friggin forgot it till the package was wrapped and not about to open it.
    Fajita seasoning have used for the past 25 years. I like lemon much better than limes with it.
    The candied jalapeños are awesome, we use several bottles a month.
    Try the Julios on the next chicken breast or pot of pinto beans (you will be hooked).
    Dont let the kids into the carrots before you tell them that they are hot.
    The 3 bottles of sauce. Have not tried 2 of them but on my 6th bottle of the Vineger (i drink the stuff). Next spatchcocked turkey use for a dipping sauce.....Made for pulled pork and cant get enough of it. This place is in Austin and the hardest to get into place in town.
    Please enjoy my $13 gift to you as Little Stephen puts it. Most is what I use every day.

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Hey guys, I'm moving next week. Anyway to alert my elf if they haven't shipped I need to change my address

XLBGE 
  • cazzy

Hey guys, I'm moving next week. Anyway to alert my elf if they haven't shipped I need to change my address

He will read it and is pretty excited to have gotten you Focker!
  • bud812 said:

I hope you enjoy my friend. I didn't pack it UPS did. That is my favorite wine.

Well......as you might have guessed, that bottle of Zin didn't stand a chance. Delish.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    :D  Glad you enjoyed it. Damn I'm fukd up tonight, thanks Sam Adams...

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Bump

XLBGE 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @hapster - let us know what you think of the Trilby's it is one of our favorites. Leave it to the Sheriff to forget his ID.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!