Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket It Is!!!

Options
The weekend I purchased my egg, the local BBQ shop was holding a Brisket class. I decided to attend and see what I could learn. (Never done Brisket before). I learned a ton, too much to comprehend all at once, especially since I had never cooked a packer. A few weeks later, after being warned MANY times by others that Brisket was the hardest meat to get right, I went for it. Went to RD and picked up two nice 11 lb packers.

Seasoned with heavy salt/pepper/garlic. did a light beef injection and let it sit for 4 hours or so. Got up nice and early, and got the egg up to 225. Cooked indirect for about 8 hours, sporadically spritzing with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and H2O. Once I had a nice bark, (Scratch Test), I wrapped for a few more hours, taking internal temp up to 205.

Needless to say, for my first one, it turned out pretty good. I did not however get up early enough, and didnt have time to FTC, as we already ate around 7:00PM. The cook could have used another hour or so, or maybe just an FTC to finish it off, but MAN was it good. I made a nice sauce to compliment, and no one even ate it... They liked the naked Brisket.

I just got a B-E-A-utiful 15 lb. CAB for this weekend. I am hoping this one turns out even better!!!

Comments