Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket It Is!!!

The weekend I purchased my egg, the local BBQ shop was holding a Brisket class. I decided to attend and see what I could learn. (Never done Brisket before). I learned a ton, too much to comprehend all at once, especially since I had never cooked a packer. A few weeks later, after being warned MANY times by others that Brisket was the hardest meat to get right, I went for it. Went to RD and picked up two nice 11 lb packers.

Seasoned with heavy salt/pepper/garlic. did a light beef injection and let it sit for 4 hours or so. Got up nice and early, and got the egg up to 225. Cooked indirect for about 8 hours, sporadically spritzing with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and H2O. Once I had a nice bark, (Scratch Test), I wrapped for a few more hours, taking internal temp up to 205.

Needless to say, for my first one, it turned out pretty good. I did not however get up early enough, and didnt have time to FTC, as we already ate around 7:00PM. The cook could have used another hour or so, or maybe just an FTC to finish it off, but MAN was it good. I made a nice sauce to compliment, and no one even ate it... They liked the naked Brisket.

I just got a B-E-A-utiful 15 lb. CAB for this weekend. I am hoping this one turns out even better!!!

Comments