Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket It Is!!!

The weekend I purchased my egg, the local BBQ shop was holding a Brisket class. I decided to attend and see what I could learn. (Never done Brisket before). I learned a ton, too much to comprehend all at once, especially since I had never cooked a packer. A few weeks later, after being warned MANY times by others that Brisket was the hardest meat to get right, I went for it. Went to RD and picked up two nice 11 lb packers.

Seasoned with heavy salt/pepper/garlic. did a light beef injection and let it sit for 4 hours or so. Got up nice and early, and got the egg up to 225. Cooked indirect for about 8 hours, sporadically spritzing with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and H2O. Once I had a nice bark, (Scratch Test), I wrapped for a few more hours, taking internal temp up to 205.

Needless to say, for my first one, it turned out pretty good. I did not however get up early enough, and didnt have time to FTC, as we already ate around 7:00PM. The cook could have used another hour or so, or maybe just an FTC to finish it off, but MAN was it good. I made a nice sauce to compliment, and no one even ate it... They liked the naked Brisket.

I just got a B-E-A-utiful 15 lb. CAB for this weekend. I am hoping this one turns out even better!!!

Comments