Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Application Approved

Options
After 3 attempts to join the forum I was finally approved. I'm pretty new to the egg world I had heard the name a few times but didn't really know what it was till Easter this year when I tried some pulled pork off of one.  It was love at first bite. A few weeks ago my wife got me a Large Egg for my 30th birthday.  

Without making this look like a Match.com profile here are a few of my favorite things.  Beer brewing, Angels, Gadgets, Home Theater, BBQ, I love ribs, if all I ever used my egg for was to make awesome ribs then I'd be happy. 
I'm not much of a cook so I'm not super interested in a bunch of recipes that aren't low and slow.  Hopefully I don't offend the eggheads here but I see a lot of posts and I wonder why don't you just cook that on a regular BBQ?

Anyway I'm happy to be a part of the forum and I hope to learn a lot and make some pals.
Jake

Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
Orange, CA

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Welcome, yes the wait for approval is tedious.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Should have given up the second attempt. But welcome to the cult anyway.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    The egg is a very versatile cooking device that allows for smoking, grilling, and baking in broad terms. Since it is so well insulated, It provides very tight temperature control and moisture retention. It makes it very easy to cook "difficult" meals since it eliminates many variables. Wait until you grill a steak or bake a pizza. The egg gets much hotter than and standard consumer oven and will not dry out food like a "regular BBQ" can.

Welcome!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I've never cooked before I got the egg. Even the wife cooked the burgers on the gasser. Now I cook every weekend and every time I get some extra time during the week. It's more than just cooking for me. It's a hobby. Not to mention I'm eating better. Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see how long it takes to turn your gasser into a cabinet
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Welcome... you're real name isn't Josh is it?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

I hope to start cooking more on the egg.  I always forget to stop by the butcher on the way home from work on Fridays so I don't have anything to cook or the wife's got plans on the weekend.  I just got a new gas grill about a month before the egg so I was surprised the egg got the green light.

Nope it Jake.
    Orange, CA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ...what are you wearing Jake from State Farm?

Kidding!  welcome to the forum dude!
    Options
    I get that all the time.  I do work for an insurance company and today I am wearing a red polo....strange.
    Orange, CA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited June 2013
    Options

You crack me up Nola!   :))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    BREWnQ said:
    I get that all the time.  I do work for an insurance company and today I am wearing a red polo....strange.
    hahah  Sorry it wasn't original...guess that was part of the point.

Anyway, I like the same stuff you're into, except the Angels.  Again, welcome and I gar-on-tee you'll learn much from the fine folks here.
    Options
    BREWnQ said:

I hope to start cooking more on the egg.  I always forget to stop by the butcher on the way home from work on Fridays so I don't have anything to cook or the wife's got plans on the weekend.  I just got a new gas grill about a month before the egg so I was surprised the egg got the green light.

Nope it Jake.
    Ok... I'm a big Ranger's fan and if you had been Josh (Hamilton) I was just going to say "hope you're enjoying your new baseball home!"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Josh isn't doing as well as us Angels fans had hoped, I bet he's just missin some good TX style BBQ here in the OC.
    Orange, CA
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    @BREWnQ... you'll come to find that Josh is missing more than BBQ; probably missing a marble or two as well. But, hey, he's got his wife to pick up the slack when necessary!
    Options
    Welcome BREWnQ!  I'm in on the border of OC and San Bernardino County.  Glad to see another So Cal EggHead on the forum!

Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

You'll be sorrrrrrrry!

Really, the only thing you'll regret is how addictive this fountain of help and advice is!

Welcome, and enjoy the Big Green Journey! 

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Welcome aboard...
    Cookin in Texas
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Let me see, in order your likes in a non-specific manner include: alcohol, sports, things you have to really think about why you might have bought them, man-cave electronics and eating anything cooked over open flame - yep you fit right in...Welcome!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Options
    Welcome!  Great place to learn. I've cooked at least a dozen things in the last few months that I never would have tried without this forum. 
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    welcome. sounds like my match profile. just kidding. lots to love about the egg! i have made my wife a beliver. especially brining and then egging salmon. wow. a must do once a week
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options

Khakis. She sounds hideous. Well, she's a guy. Classic
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    Welcome. Nice handle.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Toolmaster
    Toolmaster Posts: 41
    Options
    Welcome ! Welcome ! Welcome !!!   Now get ready to pick-up a new belt or suspenders. The old one wont fit in a few months.  :-)
    :))
    I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"