Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT--- Viennese Night--- OT (1 pic)

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929

A few years ago my wife and I took a fabulous trip to Austria and Czech Republic. Ever since then we have been wanting to do our take on the famous Schnitzel place we went to in Vienna called Figlmuller. This place is legit...

http://www.figlmueller.at/en/

My wife and son were heading to the beach until I can join them, so I surprised my wife with a Viennese supper her last night. It consisted of weiner schnitzel, a warm potato salad and a cucumber salad with white wine vinegar. The meal was one of my better efforts and SWMBO raved about it. Marked as OT and only one pic because was not cooked on the egg..

Thanks for looking!

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Chubbs
    Options
    Forgot to mention, the schnitzel was veal cutlets pounded thin.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Nice, hope you won brownie points for your efforts
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Furall
    Furall Posts: 124
    Options
    Egg or not that looks great. Nice job on quality of your photos. I need to start using my DLSR instead of phone.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks perfect.  Crap - Fleur de Lirious is off work in 30 minutes and I don't have anything started for dinner...thanks for the reminder. 
    Options

Looks perfect.  Crap - Fleur de Lirious is off work in 30 minutes and I don't have anything started for dinner...thanks for the reminder. 

Oh you got that in the bag. A man of our caliber....
    =D>
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Furall said:

Egg or not that looks great. Nice job on quality of your photos. I need to start using my DLSR instead of phone.

Yeah, works well if not too lazy. Thanks it is a Nikon
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Ok, where is the lemon wedges? Looks good
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Options
    Lemon wedge is on top of the Schnitzel @Mickey. Either you need your eyes checked or the poodle has the keyboard again
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Damn, Nelly has been back on the keyboard. Hate it when that happens.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    History lesson:

One thing Texas is famous for, besides brisket and Tex Mex, is Chicken Fried Steak.

Texas has a large German and Czech population.  They emigrated here during the early to mid 1800's.  Chicken Fried Steak was developed in the Hill Country by Germans trying to create wiener schnitzels. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious