Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

A tour of Black's BBQ in Lockhart

I had to take my bride to Austin for a meeting today, so on the way back to Houston, I made a slight detour through Lockhart to my favorite BBQ joint on the planet - Blacks.

We got brisket and ribs and a couple of sides. But the good part is that they gave me a tour of the pits in the back.  Not much being cooked, since it was 2:00 on a Tuesday, but there was enough to get the idea.  I'm posting this because of the info he gave me.  They cook their meats at 300 - 350 degrees.  I thought it would have been in the low 200s.  He also said they don't cook to time or temperature, but feel.  He got out a probe and pretended to stick the brisket.  I said "kinda like the toothpick method?" and he said "exactly".

So, next time, I'm upping the temp and getting the toothpicks out.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Gateway to the Hill Country

Comments