Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Quick review of Salt Lick in Georgetown, TX.

travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,864
On the way back from my steak fest in ATX, I took the girls to Salt Lick in Georgetown. I got the "moist" brisket plate with a triple beef rib. A few guys with me got some flat brisket.

The Brisket: Decent. Zero bark on my slices of point. The flat parts had a ridiculous smoke ring. I seriously doubt they did that without nitrates. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BRISKET FROM SALT LICK.

The Beef Ribs: 10 out of 10. As good as any BBQ I've ever eaten. If you are ever near Salt Lick, go and get some beef ribs. I cant recommend them highly enough. 
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Sausage?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,864
    Sausage?
    Sausage is nasty. I dont eat the stuff normally. I eat wild whole hog sausage but that's about it. A few of the butt lickers got some and seemed to like it. 
    Sausage?
    Sausage is nasty. I dont eat the stuff normally. I eat wild whole hog sausage but that's about it. A few of the butt lickers got some and seemed to like it. 
    We'll be moving to Drippin' Springs shortly.  Salt Lick is in Driftwood, just down the road.  I guess I'll go there once for the ambience, but I doubt it will be my go to joint.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587
    You are moving @VI?? How are you leaving that house? I thought my guest house was to be completed in 2013! WTF brother.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    Chubbs said:
    You are moving @VI?? How are you leaving that house? I thought my guest house was to be completed in 2013! WTF brother.
    He wants to be closer to me. 
    Travis, every time I see your avatar I still crack a smile. I feel good.
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Dude! After all that meat you have consumed the last few days I would imagine you might want to go to sleep for a few days.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Chubbs said:
    Chubbs, I have a small lot in Houston.  My hacienda in Drippin' Sprangs will be 1.6 acres.  Your guest house would not have fit on my land in Houston, that's why I bought in DS.  We're also building some barracks for Travis.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,349
    edited June 2013
    Salt lick...not my favorite....there are other places for good Q.  If you have to wait 2 hours to be feed, might as well get up early, take your lawn chair and cooler and and go to Franklin's.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX

Salt lick...not my favorite....there are other places for good Q.  If you want to wait 2 hours to be seated might as well get up early, take your lawn chair and cooler and and go to Franklin's.

Sound like fun to me
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,448
    Sausage?
    Hey, you said you liked everything in the "what food do you abhor" thread!  Pants on fire!!!