Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need your recommendations for a thermometer for Father's Day

Hey, folks.

My wife is asking for Father's Day gift ideas....I want an instant read thermometer.  Can you good folks recommend one?

Thanks!

·

Comments

• GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    edited June 2013
    Thermapen hands down. I assume that's what everyone else will say too. Red is the fastest also :D
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    edited June 2013
    Therma
    Pen
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • Red?!  You mean SCARLET??  :)

·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    I prefer the claret shade
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • KempyKempy Posts: 188
    GA_Dawgs said:
    Thermapen hands down. I assume that's what everyone else will say too. Red is the fastest also :D
    +1
    ·
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 491
    Sorry to disagree.......orange is fastest.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    Thermapen or fail
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • abpgwolfabpgwolf Posts: 205
    Make sure she get you one of the new backlit Thermapens. Happy Fathers Day!

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

·
  • grEGGorysgrEGGorys Posts: 162
    Got a Thermapen a couple days ago and it is really great to cook to temperature instead of looks. I used to have to cook everything extra well done so my wife would eat it. Now I can cook to temperature and she will eat it and it is definitely much better. Don't waste money on a cheaper one and end up getting a Thermapen anyway.
    Gulf Coast FL
    ·
  • fiver29fiver29 Posts: 511
    Thermapen.  That is all.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Pink Thermapen ---------------------------  the fastest instant read gizmo!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,938
    Pink Thermapen ---------------------------  the fastest instant read gizmo!
    Agree

·
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 1,351
    RED!  Make sure you get the backlit though, it's bound to be handy.
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 292
    The pink one reminds me too much of Pepto-Bismol!!! Hate that crap! Mine is British Race Car Green because it is the fastest!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,938
    Bayarad said:
    The pink one reminds me too much of Pepto-Bismol!!! Hate that crap! Mine is British Race Car Green because it is the fastest!
    Color of bile.  Wonderful.  That'd make me run pretty fast too.... ;)

·
  • FlashkaBobFlashkaBob Posts: 300
    British race car green may not be the fastest on the market (1/1000 sec slower) but it is the most accurate when used in conjunction with the British race car green egg!!! ;)
    I know the voices aren't real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.
    ·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 292
    The color prolly matches the color of my liver...as he pours another Knob Creek!
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
    Thermapen. Orange Thermapen

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 336
    Thermapen, Any color they are all good.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    I see that no one has mentioned it, but you should really get a Thermapen.
    :D
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,333
    I have a camo one. They don't make them anymore. Ha ha
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Orange is by far the fastest. But if I were to get a new one it would be the red backlit one.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·