Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    @mrcookingnurse forgot to mention that @mickey reemed him a new one when he woke up on the wrong side of bed one day. We have also discovered that @mrcookingnurse has a serious foot fetish... As for my elf getting mailed today shipping is nearly double the cost of rubs so that should be a hint ;-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    double said:
    @mrcookingnurse forgot to mention that @mickey reemed him a new one when he woke up on the wrong side of bed one day. We have also discovered that @mrcookingnurse has a serious foot fetish... As for my elf getting mailed today shipping is nearly double the cost of rubs so that should be a hint ;-)
    Well don't blame me it was The Nurse's idea.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013
    double said:
    That was fabulous!  @MrCookingNurse was getting a ornery for a lil bit there.  Thankfully @Mickey brought him down to earth.  Needless to say, MCN has posted a lot of cooking threads since then.  The funny thing is, I prefer the post Mickey MCN much better!   :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    b-(
    He jumped on me with both feet! I'm a little antsy right now because its been about a week since I posted a cook :-S

Gonna have to wait about three weeks @mickey my eggs are going on a trailer tonight and headed to our new home.

XLBGE 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I can't imagine Mickey getting mad unless you posted a pulled poodle ropa vieja....
    I don't remember this altercation. Was I involved in some way?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    You were the main culprit.  I believe you don't remember, you were quite intoxicated.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1150625/egg-carten/p1

At the same time he had a play fight on one of his threads, I posted an Elton John video and it sent him over 8-}

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse

I don't remember this altercation. Was I involved in some way?

No, it was passed your bedtime

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1150625/egg-carten/p1 At the same time he had a play fight on one of his threads, I posted an Elton John video and it sent him over 8-}
    Man, I was looking for it!  You got blasted!  Thanks a bunch for being that night's entertainment!
  • Little Steven
    You were the main culprit.  I believe you don't remember, you were quite intoxicated.
    Oh no! I hate when that happens! It must have been horrible because the moderators have taken ALL of my comments out of the thread. Please forgive me everybody.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MrCookingNurse
    Oh no! I hate when that happens! It must have been horrible because the moderators have taken ALL of my comments out of the thread. Please forgive me everybody.
    if only we had moderators

XLBGE 
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    My package should be in Tx Thurs
  • nolaegghead
    Oh, maybe that's when you were in your rubmyrock account.... hmmmm ;)
    My package is shipped. FYI UPS was cheaper than USPS for shipping to the GWN. Will arrive on the 19th
    Lynnwood WA
  • Little Steven
    I agree. Problem on this side is you can't ship via courier to a personal address from a foreign country.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited June 2013
    Yo @bud812. Nice! Just got home from a little trip and this was waiting for me. Can't wait to try them all and TFJ and I love the Zin you sent. When TFJ saw it was from Lodi, she said "ooooh i hope there is some Zin in there". I said "it's bbq sauce and rubs". She was pleased that she was correct. Not to mention this stuff was packed so well it could have been dropped off a bridge with no problems. I can tell a lot lot of time, thought, and effort went in to this and we both really appreciate it. Very generous.

Super cool bud812! Much thanks from Casa Centeximage
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy

Yo @bud812. Nice! Just got home from a little trip and this was waiting for me. Can't wait to try them all and TFJ and I love the Zin you sent. When TFJ saw it was from Lodi, she said "ooooh i hope there is some Zin in there". I said "it's bbq sauce and rubs". She was pleased that she was correct. Not to mention this stuff was packed so well it could have been dropped off a bridge with no problems. I can tell a lot lot of time, thought, and effort went in to this and we both really appreciate it. Very generous.

Super cool bud812! Much thanks from Casa Centeximage

Man, this forum knows you too well Cen! I think I would have sent you alcohol too! Definitely a cool box and tailored to you perfectly!

Good job Bud!
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I hope you enjoy my friend. I didn't pack it UPS did. That is my favorite wine.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• bud812 said:
    I hope you enjoy my friend. I didn't pack it UPS did. That is my favorite wine.

Yeah, but you paid them to wrap it and I know that ain't cheap! We will enjoy it all for sure. That rub is really good and has a lot of heat to it. TFJ and I will be up there in the next few weeks. Would love to get together and share a bottle of that wine with you. Thanks again. I'll keep you posted when I try them all. It won't be long.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    Sent out my package today to the West Coast...hint hint!  Should arrive on Tues. the 18th!!!
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Very nice @bud812!  That is one of our favorite wines as well.  

I got all my shopping done- just need to get my butt to ups or usps tomorrow!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bud812
    Lotsa good wine in the Lodi area, check em out. Everyone thinks of Napa when they think Cali. wine. I guess that we are the ugly stepchild of wine but that's ok. (more for me) Try that rub in some chilli. with beans.

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• bud812
    @SmokeyPitt are you from Cali. ?

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    We have been Elf'd.  When I got home other half pointed to the white box on the table.. He patiently waited until I got home to open the box.  Here is what we found:

:-c  Jackpot o'goodies.
    Thank you Tkc71...Ya'll rock.  See ya next year in Georgia
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Little Steven
    Zippy does make a rub but I can't repeat the name here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy

We have been Elf'd.  When I got home other half pointed to the white box on the table.. He patiently waited until I got home to open the box.  Here is what we found:

:-c  Jackpot o'goodies.
    Thank you Tkc71...Ya'll rock.  See ya next year in Georgia
    That's a nice package!! Please let us know what you think of Mryon Mixon's rub!! :D
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Just got an email saying mine has shipped....so looking forward to something different to try!!!
    Very eggcited about the exchange and that I'm gettin my egg in 4 days!!!! woohooo

Shipping my pkg to my elf in a day or two gotta some special items left to get yet!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Just got an email saying mine has shipped....so looking forward to something different to try!!!
    Very eggcited about the exchange and that I'm gettin my egg in 4 days!!!! woohooo

Shipping my pkg to my elf in a day or two gotta some special items left to get yet!!!

Canman in my short 6 years on both forums I can't think of anyone supporting the forum (without an Egg) longer than you. No pressure man, I can't wait to see your cooks. Just remember you have to let that Egg cool off a little :)]
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Got mine from a mystery person in Cali