Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's your favorite music to Egg by?

The first lesson this forum taught me was to have patience as I learn how to use my new BGE. That was quickly followed with lessons (highly endorsed lessons) regarding the benefits of adult beverages while being patient with my Eggucation. I was thinking that the right set of tunes would pull the whole eggsperience together. I was just wondering if you would like to share your favorite music listen to when your egging?

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,473
    Jimmy Buffett and Rod Stewart or anything pre 1970.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • The Clash is my favorite band to listen to pretty much anytime.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Right now, i'm stuck on Vince Gill after seeing his show a few months ago!!  Great Show...
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    edited June 2013
    I agree music is a key ingredient to relaxin but cannot pick a single genre as a wide spectrum is enjoyed in our house
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • chainsaw19chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    I am a parrot head through and through.....has to be Jimmy B
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·
  • Pre 1990 Country Music is Great. 70's Rock and Roll is very cool!
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,671
    We listen to Rock N Roll

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
    I listen to Classic Rewind or The Highway on XM Radio. Perfect mix for Eggin'.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 466

If I listen it would be The Band, Bob Dylan, Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Gillian Welch, Kieran Kane and Kevin Welch, Jerry Jeff Walker.  Or I just park it on the back stoop and plinkity plunk on the guitar and mandolin..

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • 70chevelle70chevelle Posts: 278
    Pandora is my goto.   The main genre's I listen to are Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Hall & Oates, Steely Dan, and Supertramp.  I bought a cool pair of Omni-directional planter speakers last year, and they do a fantastic job on the deck/outdoor kitchen. 
    ·
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 196
    Delbert McClinton tunes always seem to enhance my Eggsperiences.
    Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
    ·
  • BrotherEggBrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Wow! This is going to be the most eggclectic playlist I've ever put together. Keep 'em coming.

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352

Tragically Hip, The Band, The Dead, Who, Floyd, John Prine, Bonnie Raitt, John Lee and lately Carolyn Wonderland.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Country. Especially the old stuff.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • gpsegggpsegg Posts: 355
    Jimmy Bufett , Willie Nelson, The Eagles , Dolly Parton ,Eric Clapton ,James Taylor , Gordon Lightfoot and 60's and 70's.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.
    ·
  • AcnAcn Posts: 1,030
    @BrotherEgg, if you're looking to put together a playlist below are a bunch of songs that find their way onto playlists quite often:
    Return of the Grievous Angel - Gram Parsons
    The Weight - The Band
    Outfit - Drive By Truckers
    Mother Blues - Ray Wylie Hubbard
    Tour of Duty - Jason Isbell
    Portland Oregon - Loretta Lynn and Jack White
    Set 'Em Up Joe - Jamey Johnson
    King of the Road - Roger Miller
    Dollar a Day - Ryan Bingham
    Choctaw Bingo - James McMurtry
    Dixie Chicken - Little Feat
    Gin and Juice - The Gourds
    My Lover's Prayer - Otis Redding
    Body of an American - The Pogues
    Daughter - Louden Wainwright III
    Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
    Stomp and Holler - Hayes Carll
    The House That Jack Built - Aretha Franklin
    Cry to Me - Solomon Burke
    Two More Bottles of Wine - Emmylou Harris
    Shelter From the Storm - Bob Dylan

Of course, there are also times when we just want to crank out some Billie Holiday or Miles Davis, or some Glenn Gould and throw the neighbors for a bit of a loop.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

·
  • qprhooliganqprhooligan Posts: 121
    Pink Floyd is my favorite egg music.
    ·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 689

Texas/Red Dirt/alt country:

Robert Earl Keen, Jr.

Jason Boland & the Stragglers

Randy Rogers Band

Turnpike Troubadours

Chris Knight

Reckless Kelly

Sons of Bill

Eleven Hundred Springs

The Derailers, etc., etc.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    Birds chirping, kids laughing in the back yard, and the sound of the wife oohing and awing over what I'm cooking.  That's the music I prefer.  

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,150
    I like it all, but Kentucky Headhunters from the "country" genre, AC/DC from the "rock" genre, Rolling Stones from the "country/rock" genre and all the blues artists from Robert Johnson and Leadbelly to Joe Bonamassa. Or like @gabriegger I sit and make my own music... 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    GQuiz said:
    I listen to Classic Rewind or The Highway on XM Radio. Perfect mix for Eggin'.
    I feel you on The Highway man, that's my go-to driving and cooking station. 
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,610
    +1 with @CharlieTN (minus the kids laughing in the back yard). But I've seen some great tunes and bands listed in many of the responses!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Beginning of the cook would be Clapton,end of cook or night whatever comes last it would be Korn or Zombie with a bit of ol school Metallica thrown in

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Pitbull, J Lo, Rihanna, Macklemore, and any old school groups, TLC, Run D, M, C., and any new Country. I do listen to Johnny Cash.  
    ·
  • GatoGordoGatoGordo Posts: 50
    I enjoy cooking on Saturdays while listening to live broadcasts from the Metropolitan Opera.
    LBGE, Stoker WiFi, StokerConsole
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,138
    We don't have music outside, but inside I cook to country music (old and new).
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·