Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited June 2013
    They did. Jus kidding on and all that

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    cazzy said:
    That is just freaking awesome Joan! Why are we not married?
    According to VI, she has a height limit. :-\"

I only date men who can reach the top cabinet shelf cause I am height challenged.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    @ cazzy. If you want some of that rub let me know...will run over to Callahans a get you some. It sure is some good stuff
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    @nolaegghead welcome back as punishment you get to send a package to everyone ;-) glad to see your back !
    Lynnwood WA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    double said:
    @nolaegghead welcome back as punishment you get to send a package to everyone ;-) glad to see your back !
    I'm still tryin to figger out what y'all been doing when I've been on my walk-around.... ;)

double said:

I'm still tryin to figger out what y'all been doing when I've been on my walk-around.... ;)
    Oh a little this, little that. We've had some group buys, the latest sold almost 300 units and 75% where to lurkers, you missed out, the whole forum owns grid extenders now. Then @cazzy and @travisstrick said they were gonna start popping caps in the lurkers if they didn't post. Had a week of explosion cause they all added pics and posted.

Some guy started copying and pasting huge amazingribs.com pages, @the centex smoker flew off the handle and threw away his dome thermometer. A few of us followed suit and had a naked dome weekend just because we can.

@little Steven stole my idea of a rub swap, but what's it matter because @cazzy was the only one smart enough to execute it. It was suppose to show egg love like Christmas in July, the gifts are ballin! But little Steve still has a bad attitude and we have weekly flame wars on the regular.

Oh, @hennaple started giving out free ozark out points for people with street cred fo shizzle.

@caliking said that wicked good needed to stock more charcoal and the owners wife told him where to get off... She didn't realize he had only 500 friends and we all own BGE's and "used" to drive out of our way to buy wicked good. That blew up so big that Ace dropped the WG. Ha maybe not but same timing.

Hmmm... We had a bipolar troll that would be supper awesome, then ream people. But inspector @eggcelsior busted him out. Winna winna chicken dinner!!

And us and the other side might be a tad bit closer.... Maybe.... Doesn't matter though if they can't remember to pay the light bill.

Nailed it.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352

double said:

Oh a little this, little that. We've had some group buys, the latest sold almost 300 units and 75% where to lurkers, you missed out, the whole forum owns grid extenders now. Then @cazzy and @travisstrick said they were gonna start popping caps in the lurkers if they didn't post. Had a week of explosion cause they all added pics and posted.

Some guy started copying and pasting huge amazingribs.com pages, @the centex smoker flew off the handle and threw away his dome thermometer. A few of us followed suit and had a naked dome weekend just because we can.

@little Steven stole my idea of a rub swap, but what's it matter because @cazzy was the only one smart enough to execute it. It was suppose to show egg love like Christmas in July, the gifts are ballin! But little Steve still has a bad attitude and we have weekly flame wars on the regular.

Oh, @hennaple started giving out free ozark out points for people with street cred fo shizzle.

@caliking said that wicked good needed to stock more charcoal and the owners wife told him where to get off... She didn't realize he had only 500 friends and we all own BGE's and "used" to drive out of our way to buy wicked good. That blew up so big that Ace dropped the WG. Ha maybe not but same timing.

Hmmm... We had a bipolar troll that would be supper awesome, then ream people. But inspector @eggcelsior busted him out. Winna winna chicken dinner!!

And us and the other side might be a tad bit closer.... Maybe.... Doesn't matter though if they can't remember to pay the light bill.

I vote we start a new thread, "Weekly Summary by @MCN". Executed every Friday o maybe every Monday. That was perfect!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • meat73
    meat73 Posts: 140
    Thanks for the great package @MrCookingNurse need to make 1 stop and my package will go out this has been a great thing my wife was making fun of me sampling this morning really like the sweat stuff
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013
    meat73 said:

Thanks for the great package @MrCookingNurse need to make 1 stop and my package will go out this has been a great thing my wife was making fun of me sampling this morning really like the sweat stuff

My wife has been laughing at me since this started!

Please post a pic!! We'd love to see your new product!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • meat73
    meat73 Posts: 140
    Sorry must not have waited for picture to attach
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    cazzy said:

Well said @SaturdayFatterday, @henapple, & @cazzy! A great read!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    meat73 said:
    Sorry must not have waited for picture to attach
    Were you too shy to post the bottle of KY gel from da nurse?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    meat73 said:

Awesome man. Glad it made! Thanks for posting. Sorry I forgot my note. The Hanks rub is my favorite bbq place to eat. He was on BBQ pitmasters last year. Little doeys hot is really good too. I'm kinda a sweet heat guy so maybe you'll enjoy the combo!

XLBGE 
  • nolaegghead
    @MrCookingNurse - damn excellent synopsis my friend.  I missed some good times it seems.  Fortunately, everything on the web persists, and I'll be catching up on old threads.

@MrCookingNurse - damn excellent synopsis my friend.  I missed some good times it seems.  Fortunately, everything on the web persists, and I'll be catching up on old threads.

I wish you would have came back in time to join the exchange!

• nolaegghead
    @cazzy - me too...(*sniff*)  Many years of eggin' ahead of us.  Now I gotta catch up with the Joneses.
    double said:
    Oh a little this, little that. We've had some group buys, the latest sold almost 300 units and 75% where to lurkers, you missed out, the whole forum owns grid extenders now. Then @cazzy and @travisstrick said they were gonna start popping caps in the lurkers if they didn't post. Had a week of explosion cause they all added pics and posted. Some guy started copying and pasting huge amazingribs.com pages, @the centex smoker flew off the handle and threw away his dome thermometer. A few of us followed suit and had a naked dome weekend just because we can. @little Steven stole my idea of a rub swap, but what's it matter because @cazzy was the only one smart enough to execute it. It was suppose to show egg love like Christmas in July, the gifts are ballin! But little Steve still has a bad attitude and we have weekly flame wars on the regular. Oh, @hennaple started giving out free ozark out points for people with street cred fo shizzle. @caliking said that wicked good needed to stock more charcoal and the owners wife told him where to get off... She didn't realize he had only 500 friends and we all own BGE's and "used" to drive out of our way to buy wicked good. That blew up so big that Ace dropped the WG. Ha maybe not but same timing. Hmmm... We had a bipolar troll that would be supper awesome, then ream people. But inspector @eggcelsior busted him out. Winna winna chicken dinner!! And us and the other side might be a tad bit closer.... Maybe.... Doesn't matter though if they can't remember to pay the light bill.
    Dunno why you're so upset about me snagging the gift exchange one when I blatantly took your idea for the Throwdowns. That's the one I'd be peed about

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    @cazzy - me too...(*sniff*)  Many years of eggin' ahead of us.  Now I gotta catch up with the Joneses.
    Well, if anyone hasn't started shopping yet, you can still get in.
  • Little Steven
    cazzy said:
    That and we have had one Throwdown so far with another going on now. Smokey Pitt won the first and got to call the second. He has arranged a huge selection of prizes for the winner of this one.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I just got a message from my elf telling me to watch my mail tomorrow.  Now the anticipation is killing me!

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • nolaegghead
    cazzy said:
    That and we have had one Throwdown so far with another going on now. Smokey Pitt won the first and got to call the second. He has arranged a huge selection of prizes for the winner of this one.
    ok, what's the thread with the details?
    Its two above right now

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Hey, I talked to Mickey and Travis....told them I was fine.  They obviously didn't pass the word on. But thanks for worrying.  I missed ya...hugs and kissies

They did pass it on, but well, most of us just don't trust Travis or Mickey....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    edited June 2013
    Its two above right now

Well that there may have just been one of the dumbest things I ever did.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1152442/next-throw-down-cast-iron-cookoff-big-money-big-prizes#latest

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Thanks, and no, probably not.
    Its two above right now

Well that there may have just been one of the dumbest things I ever did.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1152442/next-throw-down-cast-iron-cookoff-big-money-big-prizes#latest

You definitely have done dumber things sir!
  • Little Steven
    Well it was pretty dumb

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665

I don't really cook so the throwdown is all yours

XLBGE