Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BIg Green Egg Forum and Friends OBR drive commences

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,821
    I got $50 of non forum people to donate this morning. All it took was one group txt.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 415
    I've been donating to these folks for a while now. They do GREAT work. I'm in for addition donations in light of how many disasters they've been responding to lately.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Bump
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Great work Tony. I have donated to these guys twice before and this is my charity of choice. I'll gladly throw in again as part of the forum. These guys do great work and take 0 for themselves. I think a group "give" is an awesome idea as we do so many group "gets" it's nice to keep things in perspective. Don't get me wrong, I love buying toys but it's nice to give back every once in a while. Solid play.

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,473
    @C_T-agree but way too serious of a post for someone at the beach and well past noon in any time zone! :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • lousubcap said:
    @C_T-agree but way too serious of a post for someone at the beach and well past noon in any time zone! :)>-

I'm home and licking my wounds. Awesome trip though.

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    Bump : only at 565.00 if this was a group buy the seller of the product would have 2 grand by now .extremely worth while cause even a dollar helps 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    This is a great way to donate and they need donations more than people helping. I signed up to help down in Moore, Ok after the tornado and they had TOO MANY volunteers register, so unfortunately I didn't get to help, but it is amazing that they had to turn away volunteers because so many people were willing to help. They said not to "self deploy" so I ended up helping in other ways. But I really like them and am signed up to help in any future disasters in the Midwest.

I've given a bunch to the people of Moore the past couple of weeks, but will donate to Operation BBQ Relief in the future!

Good job setting this up!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,962
    edited June 2013
    Let's go folks!  It's as simple as donating one nights cook on your egg to OBR.  Skip a night and eat a PB&J.   Operators are standing by.   :)]
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
    Bump
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,425
    Bump again.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
    Really thought this thread would get more love than this
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Really thought this thread would get more love than this
    +1  No where near close to the group buys.  Only the cost of a dinner  
    Bump
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    Just added to the bucket - we are up to $775

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • egzillaegzilla Posts: 42

My contribution has been made !

·
    Starting to pick up! Thanks guys!!

To start, lets at least get this bad boy over a grand!

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Just added a portion and am going to start contributing to them monthly and sign up as a volunteer.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Bump
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • TFolsTFols Posts: 199
    I'm in.
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·
    edited June 2013
    Looking good folks.  $25 away from a $1000.00.  Goal 1

Goal 2 - Get to 5K.  I honestly think it's achievable with a little effort.  If we can sell over 300 units in a group buy, we should be able to do this.  Maybe we need to bring @eggcelsior and @mrcookingnurse in for strategic planning.

I'm going to post on my wife's FaceBook account and see if I can get some peeps to donate.   :)

·
    Added to my Facebook. Maybe everyone who starts a new thread should put the link in the beginning of the thread. If you like the recipe donate $5.... If it made you laugh donate.... If a total flaming Sh$@ storm erupts and it keeps you occupied for hours with a beverage and a bag of popcorn hit donate... I think you get my point.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,425
    Maybe LS should of thought of this, he is the idea guy ya know.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
    Just posted on Facebook
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    double said:

Added to my Facebook

Just posted on Facebook

Thank you both! :D

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,975
    Donated. Thanks for setting this up @henapple. I don't have any money left  for your PBR when you eventually come through Houston though.

Just kidding :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    Bump for the evening readers get drunk and get your credit card out!
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Hey Tony! Just got back home and I am officially on the board. Love these guys. Hope I get to cook with them some day.

·