Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Batching it.... Cook suggestions?

Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
Well, I am batching it until Thursday night when I join my family at the beach. What are your go-to meals to egg when you are eating alone? I am trying to come up with my menu for the next few night.
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Seriously, same stuff, just make less.  I'll cook stuff SWMBO hates - like cauliflower.
    Welcome back Nola, you have been missed.    @Chubbs--my go to is  seafood when just me because my wife isnt as much of a fan as I am....so in my case a thick tuna steak or something similar, lobster on the grill, or even those skewered shrimp I saw on here last week would be high on my list.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
     I'll cook stuff SWMBO hates - like cauliflower.
    I knew she and I had a bond.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273

Good to see you back nola!  @chubbs I usually go with some kind of shellfish as the wife isn't a fan or a good quality steak with some veggies.  Charbroiled oysters would be good

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I like to just cook something that is fast and easy --  minimum clean up  --  nice rib eye and baked potato, or even a thick pork chop.  Meat comes off the egg and directly on my plate!!
  • nolaegghead
    GA_Dawgs

VI - you might be a supertaster, hoss.  Pretty sure Bridget is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster
    I would cook something BIG. So I don't have to cook again for a week. Pork butt, whole chicken, beef roast maybe? Or, as others have said, something you love, but she hates.

Then again, a steak and baked potato every night for a week wouldn't be THAT much trouble. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Something with a bacon weave..

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Chubbs
    Thanks guys.... all solid choices and answers I figured I would get. Regardless of what we think or think we know, we (men) are all alike in certain ways. And food is certainly one of them-- at least us eggheads that is...
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Giant ribeye. One plate. No fuss no muss
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • pkaboo1
    pkaboo1 Posts: 115
    London Broil, 2 meals, 2 sandies.
    Snellville,Ga.
  • Chubbs
    Went with a 1.2lb porterhouse. Maybe some potatoes.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    When I'm home alone I usually play golf until just after dark and then cook wings.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • nolaegghead
    One of my favorites, Chubbs.  For desert, try the angioplasty :)
    edited June 2013
    Grab you some of these while our at it. (If you can find its a micro out of CO).

Good call on the steak!

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Giant ribeye. One plate. No fuss no muss

Cowboy Ribeye = no plate.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Unwrapped this thing. I believe it is a t-bone, not a porterhouse. Oh well.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    The biggest baddest ribeye you can find. Cushioned by as many wings as you can stuff in your piehole. The only evidence to be found should be the empty bourbon bottles rolling around on the floor.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    I cook pretty much the same, although I generally like spicy food for then SWMBO and especially SWMBO Jr, so I'll kick that up a bit.

Also, last time I was batching it, I made braised lamb shanks three nights in a row, trying to find a recipe I liked for the wife's birthday.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I would go Cowboy Ribeye day one and start on the 1/2 gal. of Kettle One with blue cheese olives, Tuna steak extra wasabi then next night and more KO w/ olives, have guys over for poker do some wings on the third night.....More KO....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    JRWhitee said:

I would go Cowboy Ribeye day one and start on the 1/2 gal. of Kettle One with blue cheese olives, Tuna steak extra wasabi then next night and more KO w/ olives, have guys over for poker do some wings on the third night.....More KO....

This guy :D
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Big steak and or wings.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,617
    One big ass chunk of cow, any cut will do. And beer, lots and lots of beer. Maybe some taters and bread with a helluva lot of butta.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Teedoff
    Teedoff Posts: 65
    shtgunal3 said:
    One big ass chunk of cow, any cut will do. And beer, lots and lots of beer. Maybe some taters and bread with a helluva lot of butta.
    Cow, beer, butta... throw in some bacon and its perfection.
    Decatur, AL
  • SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Have a wienie roast.  :))

Simple ingredients, amazing results!