Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless skinless chicken breasts (pics)

Options

Cooked some breasts tonight, half with DP Raging River, half with Swamp Venom.  Both groups marinated in a zip lock with the seasoning and a couple tablespoons of both EVOO and Italian dressing for about two hours.....usually like to do them overnight, but time got in the way.

Cooked them a little differently this time.  I usually go direct, but went indirect at approx. 350 about 40 min. and flipped and even swapped grids at the halfway mark to ensure uniform heat.  Turned out fantastic as always and not much different than the way I normally do them direct at 400 for about half the time.  Either way works great.  I made fajitas out of mine with sour cream, Mrs. Renfro's green sauce, shredded cheese on a flour tortilla.  Wife made a grilled chicken salad out of hers.  Kids had fajitas as well.

I've read comments on boneless/skinless breasts always turning out dry, but these are tender and juicy and you can shred with a fork when they're done and have been that way every time I've done them on the Egg.  We do this once a week for this meal and to eat on throughout the week for fajitas, salads, etc.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    +1 on always turned out dry until I cooked on the Egg. Amazing how moist and juicy they turn out.
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I'll have to try this. Thanks.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm a bigger fan of legs and thighs but you did these up right
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Kenny, You inspired me.  I had some BSB's in the fridge.  Last night, I brined 3 of them with 1/4 c salt, 1/4 c sugar and 6c water for about 2hrs.  Lightly oiled them up with some flavored olive oil, lightly seasoned them and hit them direct at 400 for about 8 or so minutes per side. They were great and we used them for salad toppings and roll-ups.
    Milton, GA.