Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Have we had a "how did you pick your handle" thread yet?

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,358
    And he's from Prince Edward Island.....no wait that was another guy...never mind

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    I thought he was from Boston?
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,345
    awww shucks, thanks ya'll!

I've been a busy beaver.  I'll have to start some threads up.  

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,533
    King of the trolls? nola's been busy. Time for a change-up with that new beard he grew.

• GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,130
    edited June 2013

I am a Comedy Magician & Hypnotist, I have performed my show 3 different times at the Big Memphis in May BBQ Competition, I am a newbie to the egg world and love to cook almost as much as I love to eat.

Chuck

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,907
    @Grillmagic... from one egger to another (and, I promise not to tell a soul) how "real" is stage hypnosis?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Hey TexanOfTheNorth It's real my friend, the mind is a power full thing. My job is to entertain with hypnosis not to prove that it is real. I perform at several colleges in Texas and will message you the next time I get there and see if you are close. Are you in Texas?
    And he's from Prince Edward Island.....no wait that was another guy...never mind

I was talking about Bud the Spud

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    To heck with Nola.  Where's Fleur d' Lireous?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,907
    Hey TexanOfTheNorth It's real my friend, the mind is a power full thing. My job is to entertain with hypnosis not to prove that it is real. I perform at several colleges in Texas and will message you the next time I get there and see if you are close. Are you in Texas?
    Let me know next time you're in the Toronto area @Grillmagic; that's where I now live.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    Hi Gary....She went to get a massage then she's sharpening her throwing knives in preparation for the next egg fest.
    =))

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Hi Gary....She went to get a massage then she's sharpening her throwing knives in preparation for the next egg fest.
    =))
    I haven't gotten the one from the last eggfest out of my back yet.   [-O<

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244

"From the bright red mud"  RIP Stompin' Tom
    I suppose 'Doug the Bug' could be adapted for use as an east coast lobster hauler's song...
  • pirates21pirates21 Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    HUGE Pirates fan and Roberto Clemente( #21) is my all-time fave.
    Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,163
    I am a Tigers fan... was practicing with some new lights and liked how the pic came out. Like my name, I use the picture on other forums and social media
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 1,433
    Video game handle from when I was younger. I kept picking names with grim in them and eventually was just known as Grim. Or that guy grim... Thatgrimguy.
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    dugdbug said:

"From the bright red mud"  RIP Stompin' Tom
    I suppose 'Doug the Bug' could be adapted for use as an east coast lobster hauler's song...
    Seriously I thought you drew your handle from Stompin Tom's song. Kinda fits lyrically

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    Fleming is the last name.  Flemster was my high school nick-name...actually the bastards shortened it to Flem which I was not going to use as my handle for obvious reasons...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    I knew a guy named Fleming that we called Phlegma if it makes you feel better

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    Yeah...little bastards used that too....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,533

How about jamaican-style: Phlegmon!
  • blueinatlblueinatl Posts: 94
    So I explained the avatar in another thread.. now for the actual nickname.

My nickname since 1992 has been "blue", since I was the crazy kid in school who came in with electric blue hair on about 30% of their hair (manic panic electric blue to be precise)...  It stuck.  When I moved south from Buffalo NY we found that my old handle was sometimes taken so I changed it to Blue In ATL (airport code ATL :-) )

So there you go. 
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
    flemster said:
    Yeah...little bastards used that too....
    Sorry man! My last name is Nelson and the worst I got was Nellie. Not too bad in comparison

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• "The Old North State" is the official state song of North Carolina. Being NC born, I proudly use its name in my handle.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• ToolmasterToolmaster Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    I invested in Precious Metals (Snap on Tools) Please don't ask to borrow them. Worked as a mechanic on heavy equipment. I also go by Tim The Tool Man.  I have lots of tools !!!!! There for I am the Toolmaster !  
    I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"

• When I saw your handle, I thought something else.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• nashbamanashbama Posts: 102
    Currently living near Nashville, but my roots will always be in Bama.
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 281
    I live in knoxville and the B & B stands for many things I love, Beer, booze, bicycles, BBQ, Blues etc
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    I invested in Precious Metals (Snap on Tools) Please don't ask to borrow them. Worked as a mechanic on heavy equipment. I also go by Tim The Tool Man.  I have lots of tools !!!!! There for I am the Toolmaster !  
    I'm a serious tool-a-holic myself....  All the power to ya, @toolmaster!