Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pizza

I made a personal deep dish pie the past weekend.  I had a left over dough ball in the freezer with a March 14th date on it.  I forgot all about it.  I fired up my Egg and it cooked great.  I never left any dough in the freezer that long before.  There was only enough for an 8 inch pizza. 

Simple ingredients, amazing results!

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,453
    Nice pie Sam. Glad to know you can freeze the dough that long.
    good looking pie Sam 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 9,201
    Man, that looks awesome!!!

If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.    Julia Child

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I have bought 'pizza dough balls" from Sam's Club which are only sold by the case!!  I think there are 18 dough balls in a case, and are sold frozen.  It took me a year to use them up, but never noticed any difference in quality.  Just got tired of those dang dough balls rolling out of my freezer and hitting my toes!!!  :((
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,368
    Man, that looks awesome!!!
    love your signature line.  kitchen confidential is one of my favorite books!  

looks good Sam, save me a slice i'm on my way!