Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza

I made a personal deep dish pie the past weekend.  I had a left over dough ball in the freezer with a March 14th date on it.  I forgot all about it.  I fired up my Egg and it cooked great.  I never left any dough in the freezer that long before.  There was only enough for an 8 inch pizza. 

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Nice pie Sam. Glad to know you can freeze the dough that long.
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    good looking pie Sam 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,008
    Man, that looks awesome!!!
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I have bought 'pizza dough balls" from Sam's Club which are only sold by the case!!  I think there are 18 dough balls in a case, and are sold frozen.  It took me a year to use them up, but never noticed any difference in quality.  Just got tired of those dang dough balls rolling out of my freezer and hitting my toes!!!  :((
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,254
    Man, that looks awesome!!!
    love your signature line.  kitchen confidential is one of my favorite books!  

looks good Sam, save me a slice i'm on my way!
    ·