Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first picture!

I finally figured out how to transfer pictures from my IPod to my iPad. These are spareribs and chicken thighs that we grilled on Sunday. Used Byron's Buttt Rub and mustard. Grilled indirect for 3 hours, foiled with more rub and coke for 2 hours, foil removed and sauced for 45 minutes. All around 250 degrees. Took off the ribs and FTC for an hour while we grilled the chicken thighs. Cranked up the BGE to 375 for thighs. Everyone loved them.
image.jpg 1.7M
·

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,406
    Nice work =D>
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Looks good, Ma.  I could get my face all messy on those ribs.   :-SS

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • BrotherEggBrotherEgg Posts: 95
    That plate looks perfect. Now I'm hungry!

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,695
    I'd hit that G-Ma.

That sounds bad in more than one way
    :ar!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,511
    edited June 2013
    Chubbs said:

I'd hit that G-Ma.

That sounds bad in more than one way
    :ar!

Boomin granny, good and plenty
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,622
    I'll take a plate over here please!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,097
    NICE! =D>
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Interesting.  Is that a tomato based sauce on the ribs and a mustard based sauce on the thighs?  They look great!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Looks good.  also nice job on the transfer on the pics. I hate trying to figure that stuff out :D
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

very nice.  I really should not check the site before dinner.   Traveling, so will probably over order off the menu tonight.    This is making me hungry.

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 903
    Way to go. Great job!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,892
    Less contrast in the exposure would be nice (lower ASA or stop it down), but the food looks fingah likkin de-lish-ous.  (slap mah fro!)  Aight.  Waitin for da firewatah to simmah down.  Nola out.

·
  • Looks great.  The coke in the foil sounds intresting.

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    Outstanding! The cook and the tech savvy.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·